I rather have AIrbnb BLOCK my calendar than agree to the REQUIRED cleaning procedures

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

I rather have AIrbnb BLOCK my calendar than agree to the REQUIRED cleaning procedures

Went to contact a guest and got to a screen that wanted me to agree to wear a mask and to follow the AIrbnb cleaning protocol or my calender will be  blocked.

I never have and likely never will use sanitzers. Toxic crap!

Nor do I feel like spending COUNTLESS hours cleaning and then sanitizing every surface in the 3 BR / 2 BA house with a fully equipped kitchen.

How much would I have to charge for cleaning?   How much do YOU charge?

BTW, I'm not a Trump supporter and I ALWAYS wear my mask when I go into businesses, have no desire to infect anyone.

My virus solution was so incredibly SIMPLE:

I leave the house vacant for 3 days between guests.    That way I can wait a day or two before I clean and everybody can relax and not worry about the virus.

I rather have Airbnb BLOCK my calendar than agree to the REQUIRED cleaning procedures.

I've read those procedures a long time ago and wanted to read again, but couldn't even FIND the cleaning requirements now.   And that's another topic.  Airbnb is PURE HELL.

Just like Amazon, major banks, every big business that couldn't care less about MY time.    Support is SO bad, I just wasted more time trying to find how to contact support directly, but couldn't find any way to write.   Am NOT interested in wasting my time talking to clueless minimum wage people in whatever country they may be ...

The other day I had a question for VRBO,  called and immediately got to a person who actually solved my problem.   Called back a little later and had the exact same truly unusual experience.   That's what support SHOULD be like.

The constantly changing Airbnb website, rarely for the better, and right here,  I had to write this entire post TWICE.    I wasn't logged in, and instead of saving my post and letting me log in, my post disappeared with a GENERIC error message. 

So typical.  Nothing but disrespect.

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Christine455 you are not alone in your frustration over the cleaning requirements; there have been many posts about it and lots of comments. Unfortunately, Airbnb has changed the wording of the requirements multiple times and seems to intend the current ambiguity about what is actually required. Also unfortunately they silently dropped the 72-hour vacancy buffer alternative that they initially offered, presumably because while it is the scientifically superior option it is not good for their bottom line. We too leave our places vacant for 72 hours before cleaning and another 24 before check-in, and unless the current ambiguity in the new requirements is cleared up, and it does not require rewashing every item of kitchenware and linen, we too will not sign up.

And yes, Airbnb CS is notoriously horrible right now.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Christine455 

If you don’t want to sign up to Airbnb’s new cleaning protocols, as it says on the protocols if you don’t sign up by 20 November hosts listings can be blocked from taking further bookings so you don’t need to do anything.