I received a reservation request that was to offer cleaning services, should I report it ? If so how

Ellen66
Level 1
Huntington, MA

I received a reservation request that was to offer cleaning services, should I report it ? If so how

I received the following in a reservation request:

Need a few extra hands...? Hello.. my name is Amanda and I recently opened a local cleaning business that specializes in vacation homes and rental properties such as your own. A OK Cleaning is fully insured and licenced and I come equipped with all the cleaning supplies too. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you with any future needs you may need. Thank you Amanda (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)

Do I just decline or should I report it and if I should report it, where do I report it?

3 Replies 3

Flag the email by clicking the little flag next to it and then click through to the person and flag their profile. 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Ellen66. I always pre-approve/accept these inquiries. You know they are never going to book (and, cool, it's another guest, if they do). That way you are not dinged for declining too many times. You can flag their account if you find it troublesome. 

You can report it-- on the other hand, you may desperately need a cleaner some day!

I'd just pre-approve her, respond politely that AirBNB blocks her number because she isn't actually booking your space. But then thank her for the information and say you'll put her in your rolodex in case the need arises.

Jot down the business name. We only use professional cleaners, and it helps keep your energy high for hosting. It also helps you not be petty or judgment or resentful, because cleaning staff deals with the ordinary mess and the cleaning fee is just a math problem (collect from guests what you pay the cleaner). Professional staff is also really good at telling you when someone is out of line or over the top with making a mess, versus the mess typically generated by people on vacation.