I see star ratings for guests who have a completed, confirmed or canceled reservation with me.

Jennifer178
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

I see star ratings for guests who have a completed, confirmed or canceled reservation with me.

I noticed the star rating for a guest whom just booked when I clicked on details.   Did I miss something before? How long has this been there? It is only for the guests who actually booked.  I looked at expired and declined booking inquiries/requests and there are no stars shown for those people. It would be more interesting and helpful of course to see this beforehand.

8 Replies 8
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Jennifer178 I don't see it, it is new testing again

do you see star rating when guest inquire or request to book? pay attention and let us know, please 🙂

Hi @Branka-and-Silvia0, I only see it for completed, confirmed or cancelled reservations.   I looked at all communication with potential guests but nothing there.  And I only see it on my phone.  Not on my tablet or the computer.  I will keep an eye on it.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Jennifer178 , I noticed something similar about two weeks ago when I got an inquiry from a potential guest. It showed me three star ratings: cleanliness, communication, and observance of house rules. As this info is not shown to guests, I would think that hosts will be more forthcoming now with their grievances. my inquiring guest had some lower marks in observance of house rules, which helped me decline her, as I didn't quite trust her assurances that she would not get a third person in there.
Now, after I had declined her, I could NOT see that extra info any longer- and I cannot see that info either with my older confirmed bookings from the past.
that makes me wonder/ think that that kind of info is only shown to prospective hosts during the booking process, similar to the new visibility of how many cancellations a guest has done, which is only shown to hosts during the booking process, look at this wording here:
"A host will be able to see the number of reservations a guest has canceled over the previous 12 months when the guest submits a request to book." - key is: when the guest submits a request.
But going back to older bookings and visibility, as you say the guest star rating is visible there - I guess it can only be there for guests who have had very recent reviews, as this new change to also rate guests wasn't introduced that long ago, so only guests who had very recent bookings could have that info on them.
In any case, it sounds like a pro-host change that Airbnb is now adding into the ratings game, so that hosts have a bit more to go on than the usually unspecific , always positive written reviews. Yay!

Hi @Annette33, the only inquiries I have had in the last week ir so have been newbies. The star rating I saw on old guests going back to the first was only the overall rating. I will look for it closely in the future. If this stuff is really happening...!!!!!!!

Yippy. It would be nice if those categories were shown all the time and not just the overall after bolking. Ihad my first guest back on July and I was lucky to get a 5 star fella. Typing on the IPhone is soul crushing so I am signing off. 

@Jennifer178

@Annette33

@Branka-and-Silvia0

I have seen star ratings for guests - prior to booking and when confirmed - but only on my iphone and the app. It does not appear on the computer. Hard to say it is useful when you can't rely on it showing - but it would be a good thing for guests to know that their reviews/stars are viewable by someone!!

Best Wishes.

@Rachael26 , need to check it out then.. was/it the generic star rating just on top, like the "overall" for hosts? what I saw was subdivided into communication - cleanliness - observance of house rules. But as Airbnb changes their platform every 5 seconds, things come and go...

@Annette33 @Rachael26 I still only see the overall star rating and only on my phone. Never saw the breakdown. I just got a notice that my airbnb app was updated. Going to look for changes now.

I can't find the place to give a good recommendation on a guest or give stars. I can only find the place for reporting a profile, I don't want to click on that for fear that I mess things up for a great guest.