How do I share my phone number without Airbnb is blocking it?

Answered!
Tom125
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

How do I share my phone number without Airbnb is blocking it?

How do I get my phone number to a potential renter?  

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am suprised that posters here are trying to advise you how to circumvent the system BNB has set up to protect hosts.

BNB doesn't allow hosts to provide contact details to potential guests (or visa versa) before a booking is confirmed. This is to protect you as a host (as well as BNB ensuring it gets its money).

There is a security risk in guests having your contact details in advance of booking. And many guests who want your details often want this to try and circumvent using BNB and/or ask for a discount, which of course means, you wouldn't be protected is something goes wrong

Your guest should be able to get all the information they need from your listing and by talking to you via messaging on BNB's site.

There are other listing company's that enable you to chat to guests in advance of booking, if that is your preference.

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Christy21
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Spell out the numbers. 

Carolyn5
Level 8
Leongatha South, Australia

Easy. Type the numbers in with 2 spaces between each one, then add a new line explaining why you did this.

Carolyn

That doesnt work either

Carolyn5
Level 8

It worked for me.

Carolyn

Victoria-And-Mike0
Level 3
Fort Myers, FL

I've found that sending it in 3 separate messages works 

Having your phone number they may be able to find the exact address in the telephone directory.  It could be a security hazard.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am suprised that posters here are trying to advise you how to circumvent the system BNB has set up to protect hosts.

BNB doesn't allow hosts to provide contact details to potential guests (or visa versa) before a booking is confirmed. This is to protect you as a host (as well as BNB ensuring it gets its money).

There is a security risk in guests having your contact details in advance of booking. And many guests who want your details often want this to try and circumvent using BNB and/or ask for a discount, which of course means, you wouldn't be protected is something goes wrong

Your guest should be able to get all the information they need from your listing and by talking to you via messaging on BNB's site.

There are other listing company's that enable you to chat to guests in advance of booking, if that is your preference.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen3 Great response Helen....can't add a thing!!!

Except to say, invariably enquirers who require a lot of personal information before booking turn out to be the worst guests! Cheers....Rob

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/5724253?s=b14U

Exactly @Helen3

Those meassures are there for our own protection and what questions can't be answered via the app? 

In my experience, these inquiries tend to be squirrelly-- the guest wants a longer term rental than you allow, 3rd party rentals, and the like. Best to keep communication within the app as it protects you. 

I take a lot price in my cabin and have never and never will rent to someone with a prior conversation or two.

Carolyn5
Level 8

Normally this would be true,  but I did this after a booking was accepted as the guests did not see my number.  I was having a lot of trouble with my site. The glitch has now been fixed. Everything was above board.

Carolyn

I disagree that Airbnb protects you. Any personal case studies here? My experience tells me that Airbnb has no interest in settling claims. My home was destroyed by a guest and the only response I was given was a generic email says "sorry, piss off"...

Well this is concerning. One of the main reasons I am with this platform is for the damage accountability. Would you mind sharing your story? Either privately or publicly..