I want to stop using facebook to login

Answered!
Stephen10
Level 2
Mill Valley, CA

I want to stop using facebook to login

I want to move to a straight email/password authentication from Facebook as I need my wife to see the schedule of reservations.

When I try to log in with the email/pw I use for facebook, it asks me to log through facebook.

Anyone know how to shift this?

I see its now impossible to send tickets to Airbnb support, they've done such a good job hiding the employee humans.

Thanks in advance!

Stephen

1 Best Answer

For all those who has the same issue, if you no longer want to log-in using facebook for your airbnb account, all you have to do is set a password. Go to www.airbnb.com/forgot_password. Just enter the email address on the airbnb account. A reset password link will be sent to that email and just follow through with the process.

It has to be the email the email on the account, you can't enter any other email. If you do not have access to that email address anymore then it is a bummer. Goodbye account

View Best Answer in original post

24 Replies 24
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Stephen10 Yes, ABB doesn't make it easy for contacting them.  Here's a helpful link to help with contact.  I don't know the answer to your question as I don't log in with FB, but I'm sure ABB will be able to help you. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165/highlight/false#...

Have you found out how to change your login method? I need to do it too.

Thanks

Savvas

I found a similar post here with the answer and it worked. Just click "forgot password" on the login window and they will send you a link to reset your password and you can login with your email.

Ramzi1
Level 1
Arrondissement of Saint-Pierre, Réunion

Thx man, it works

Doesnt work. I tried 😞

This worked

I would like to ask something similar. 

when logging into saying eBay or any other type of account, there are so many that ask you to log in using Facebook. 

I do not sign into whatever account I may have through facebook. 

I like to use my user name and password not attached to Facebook.  

On this same note I do not like any business on Facebook they have enough information about us already. I don't need them knowing what accounts I have and allowing me to log in anywhere with or through them

I hope my question is clear because suddenly I feel I don't know what I am talking about.  : )

Hi, It is happening to right now. Airbnb connected my account with them with my FB account but I can't find my reservation.  Its so frustrating

Monique42
Level 1
Altamonte Springs, FL

Here's the answer: 

1. Go to your Host Page.

2. At top black bar, select "Profile"

3. On Left side, select "Trust and Verification"

4.  Next to the Facebook option, click "Disconnect".

didn't work. Unlinked, but still forced to login via facebook.

Thanks. This worked. After I disconnected my account from Facebook, I was able to go into my profile and change my email to the one I use. They sent a verification to the new email, I clicked on the link and my new email was verified!!!  This took quite awhile to figure it all out, but at last I don't have to worry about missing an email telling me I was accepted and they booked a place for me!!!!

I'm not a host, so I got out of this community page and into airbnb.com. There I was able to sign in and click on my picture in the upper right corner.  The dropdown had edit profile, clicked that, on left side was 'Trust and Verification'. Clicked that and Facebook was a choice. In box, it said Disconnect, clicked that and it enabled me to go back and edit profile, where I could change email.

How did you disconnect your account from facebook?

Charlsie0
Level 1
Austin, TX

I finally got this to work for me.

First, my goal was to switch from an FB log in to a password log in - because FB is blocked from my work computer and so I wasn't able to book any work travel using this method. My goal was not to remove FB entirely, just simply remove it from being the only log in option, so this system may not work for you if you are hoping to disconnect from fb entirely.

1) The AirBnb help forum says that to remove this log in system, you need to log out and then go through the "forgot password" chain and then the issue would be resolved. However, sitting here on my work computer I don't even see that option. The only option I am given is to sign in through facebook. No forgot password link.

1A) I logged onto my phone browser, and checked the desktop browser option so it didn't default to mobile. I logged out, got back into the sign in screen, and for some reason on this view the "forgot password" option was there. I did all of that and it worked! I now had a password.

1B) The above worked fine for my phone and for my mobile app. So I go to the desktop, the whole reason I'm even doing this, and IT STILL WANTS ME TO LOG IN TO FB. I was about to pull my hair out. So I click the option "Sign into another account" ....that is where you are able to just straight up put in your email and your new password. Its basically hidden!

so, tldr;: if you have done the forgot password chain and now have an actual password to use, but still aren't seeing an option to *use* it - check to see if there is a "sign into another account" option and put the email and password in there.