I want to stop using facebook to login

Answered!
Stephen10
Level 2
Mill Valley, CA

I want to stop using facebook to login

I want to move to a straight email/password authentication from Facebook as I need my wife to see the schedule of reservations.

When I try to log in with the email/pw I use for facebook, it asks me to log through facebook.

Anyone know how to shift this?

I see its now impossible to send tickets to Airbnb support, they've done such a good job hiding the employee humans.

Thanks in advance!

Stephen

1 Best Answer

For all those who has the same issue, if you no longer want to log-in using facebook for your airbnb account, all you have to do is set a password. Go to www.airbnb.com/forgot_password. Just enter the email address on the airbnb account. A reset password link will be sent to that email and just follow through with the process.

It has to be the email the email on the account, you can't enter any other email. If you do not have access to that email address anymore then it is a bummer. Goodbye account

View Best Answer in original post

24 Replies 24

Your post is a bit confusing. I have the same problem. I want to be able to login with an email/password because logging in with FB is not possible using my work computer. Is it possible to login to the same Airbnb account using either FB, Google or email/password? If not how do I switch from using FB to email/password without signing up for a new account.

Jennifer1428
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

The problem is login to Facebook but cannot proceed .... can’t open my Facebook account message the guest,I cannot set all about my listening of Facebook.

I logged in using Facebook. I booked a trip. The email for that account is an old one that I don't use but the confirmations are going to the old email. I could not change the email on that account so I opened a new AirBnb account using my current email. How can I move the reservation to my new account so I can close the old account?

Paul5831
Level 1
Enschede, Netherlands

The Summary of the siolution:

(I too wanted to disconnect facebook from Airbnb for whatever reason)

I followed 2 of the suggestions mentioned/

Step 1:

1. At the top right click on your Picture / Account.

2. Select "Profile"

3. Select "Trust and Verification"

4. Next to the Facebook option, click "Disconnect".

Step 2:

1. Log out.

2. Log in and select 'log in by email'.

3. Click forget password and enter email (the one you use for facebook = same as you use for Airbnb)

4. Follow steps of password reset.

Now you have succesfully disconnected facebook from Airbnb.

For all those who has the same issue, if you no longer want to log-in using facebook for your airbnb account, all you have to do is set a password. Go to www.airbnb.com/forgot_password. Just enter the email address on the airbnb account. A reset password link will be sent to that email and just follow through with the process.

It has to be the email the email on the account, you can't enter any other email. If you do not have access to that email address anymore then it is a bummer. Goodbye account

Yes! This worked... thank you - that's been driving me crazy. 

Tried this; didn't work. Still making me use FB.

Cgb0
Level 2
New York, NY

Luke501
Level 1
Fareham, United Kingdom

Thanks very much, @Charlsie0 . I getting quite wound-up.

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

If you are currently logging in via Google, Facebook, etc... the quickest shortcut to setting up your Airbnb email/password is by going through the password reset process: https://www.airbnb.com/forgot_password

Once you go through the password reset process, you will then be able to log in using email and password.