I want to transfer a listing to another air bnb host is this possible

Amy115
Level 1
Byron Bay, Australia

I want to transfer a listing to another air bnb host is this possible

I manage a few different properties in my account for interstate owners and i want to hand over the management of one of the properites back to the owner. Is there anyway the listing can be transferred to their air bnb account?

9 Replies 9

No.  Listings are Host-based not location-based.  You can provide them with all the details and they can cut and paste the listing when they start their account, but all rentals will need to be cancelled and rebooked (before you do this - check the cancellation policy for penalties!) .  This is because the guests, while they may really love the listing, are actually booking with a particular person, who has staged the property in a particular way, has interacted with them to book their stay, who is reviewed as their host.  The new hosts will have to act on their own to get reviews, bookings, and set up an account of their own.  

Norbert16
Level 1
Paris, France

I am the owner of 2 villas and I would like to host myself now but te previous host still continue to list my villas. What legal action i can take to stip him?

Amy, for future reference you might check out the cohost feature. Ideally the true owner would setup an account and start a basic listing, then make the manager a cohost. At any time the owner could drop the cohost off and the listing would still be theirs. 

This is good advice. AirBnB does not make it clear when you are setting up the listing that it should be the owner of the property listing it as that is more permanent. Co-hosts can come and go and can even be promoted to Primary host. However, if they quit they take the listing with them as if the entire experience was their creation, which is not an accurate way to treat a property. AirBnB words it such that the person who will be making 'primary contact' should create the listing, but that is not true in my experience. Any co-host can do the communication and even configure the listing as needed. Since they do not transfer this ownership for any reason (believe me, I tried), one should be careful about who ultimately owns it. Legally, it should be tied to the property.

Jodi4
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi i manage various listings for people as a host not co host. One of the properties i manage i want to hand over to the owner, how do i do this ? there are a few bookings for this listing over the next few months. id like to hand it all over witht he reviews etc

I am also in a similar boat. Our friends are a couple who own the house/property that my wife and I live in. They setup their accounts as the primary hosts for the property as an airbnb. After we moved in, they made us co-hosts, but in reality handed the day-to-day running and management of the airbnb over to us full-time as they are preparing to travel around the country and abroad for a year.

Now they would like to hand the airbnb side of things completely over to us. They don't even want to receive updates of bookings or be concerned about anything related to their airbnb hosting account. At the same time they are happy for us to continue the airbnb for the next year as long as we meet the weekly rent they have set.

The problem is they have almost 60 nights booked between now and December and they want it all handed over to us by October 1st. They would want the account to be run as our property on airbnb and they would be happy to go back to being normal airbnb travel members. Can we do this without cancelling any bookings?

We have been running the home for almost 3 months and helped our friends reach and maintain Superhost status. I guess we will need to start from scratch. What can we do in this scenario?

Elena-And-Eugene0
Level 2
Pompano Beach, FL

I have a similar situation.  I'd just created a second listing on my account and want to transfer it to my husband to be separate from the other house.  We have no reviews yet - but we do have a couple of bookings already.   So far I have made him a co-host, but is there any way I can turn it over to him completely?  I want him to get all the reviews and credit for them.

Yolande74
Level 1
Prince Albert, South Africa

This is really a ridiculous situation as the owner is now held to ransom by the current host.  Airbnb needs to change this and fast!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yolande74 Airbnb argue that the host is critical to the rating and hence these cannot be transferred to another person. In truth its probably 50/50 host and property but I guess the rules are the rules and its unlikely they will be changed anytime soon.