I will be leaving Airbnb as a host AND a guest

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

I will be leaving Airbnb as a host AND a guest

I have been patient. I have tried to be understanding in light of everything going on. But I've reached my limit. Due to a customer service issue that has still not been resolved after a week, I will be leaving Airbnb as both a host AND a guest.

They have no idea, and of course they don't care either, that I was an advocate for so long. Hosting isn't my primary source of income, but I've really enjoyed it for the past few years. I also liked using Airbnb as a guest. I wasn't making Airbnb rich as a host or a guest, but I was definitely a regular user. I hate to not support fellow hosts, but on principal I will not use the platform as a guest anymore.

Just want to say that I have enjoyed conversing with all of you regulars in the CC and appreciate all your conversations but will most likely not be returning. Stay strong y'all! If this were a big source of income for me, I might fight harder, but it's just not worth it anymore.

54 Replies 54
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Suzanne302 do not let them get to you. If this was your primary source of income, do what is best for you, make sure that you are not punishing yourself. Perhaps take a break? And stick around here? 

@Suzanne302 @Inna22 

I think it’s important for hosts to chronicle departures.

Many of us went singularly all-in with the platform, advocated for Airbnb without compensation in all kinds of ways both on and off line, never seeking acknowledgement.

The community aspect is still there because it doesn’t belong to any one entity. What has changed is the alliances leadership is making.

Can it be wrestled out of evil hands at work?

Should we withdraw as antagonizers suggest?

Something in between?

That’s a decision each person must make on their own. I leave room for things to get worse before they get better. Great hosts are leaving and may never return, the quality of bookings are decreasing, Airbnb is firing much needed staff, while simultaneously sponsoring enemies of the state AND making it harder to vet guests at a time when it’s most needed. Hosts should take seriously the threats that exit (no, not the ridiculous plandemic). Prepare, modify your practices accordingly, scale back activity where appropriate, diversify.

It used to be that a kingdom was where ever the king and the people were, if the people left one area for another, that’s where the kingdom was. What authority does a leader have without a people? Mass exodus coming?

@Mike323   Sorry, you lost me at "ridiculous plandemic".

@Ann489 It’s a discussion for another thread, but I won’t leave you empty handed.

Reconcile the CDC’s numbers with the narrative jammed down our throats 24/7:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health_policy/Provisional-Death-Counts-COVID-19-Pneumonia-and-Influenz...

It appears they stopped counting covid19-only deaths in more recent data.

Virus = real

Pandemic = fake

@Mike323   thanks, but I feel anything but empty-handed.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mike323 

You do realise that these results are several months old and highlight the number changes at the "beginning" of the pandemic. When reaching the USA, up to mid Feb 2020 these numbers were not even counted. This reports stopped recording deaths on the week ending April 11th, 2020, yet the USA is now the country with the highest infection levels and this shows only 11,356 of the 126k deaths reported due to COVID-19, as in less than 10% of those deaths, 90% of those deaths happened over the last 10 weeks or so (as in week ending April 18, 2020 till today). This pandemic is real. 

@Yadira22 I want to give people truth, an informed people won’t be easily misled. 

**off-topic comments removed

@Mike323  Please stop derailing threads to put forth your personal theories about coronavirus. There's an entire COVID19 section you can post your views in. This thread isn't about you- it's about a long-time host and respected CC poster who has had enough of Airbnb's bad customer service.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 you are right, sorry @Suzanne302 this is about you. 

@Sarah977 

projection?

@Ann489  Ha!  He lost me at "enemies of the state."

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Suzanne302  Sorry to hear that, but I certainly understand. I've never had a really serious issue to contend with, just the usual frustration in getting a CS rep to actually understand the  issue and address it effectively. But if I felt I had been really screwed around and treated badly, I would also drop out.

I've always enjoyed your posts and your attitude- you'll be missed here.

@Suzanne302  

You will be missed~ Stay safe!! 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Will miss, @Suzanne302 . Come back another time. Waves and troughs. I'm sorry to hear it. Champions for the brand should not be dropped that easily, worth their weight in gold.