I wonder what was going on here...

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

I wonder what was going on here...

I received an inquiry signed "Kassie" but the profile name was "Faith."

IMG_2891.PNG

I replied explaining the difference and also explained that ABB is built on trust and asked why she signed Kassie when her profile said Faith. I looked up her profile and then saw that "Faith" actually had four, good reviews. I messaged her again saying it looks like Faith has used ABB several times so she should be familiar with the platform and was "Kassie" affiliated with Faith and just using her account?

Crickets. Never heard back.

Didn't seem like a professional scammer so I'm thinking a relative (daughter maybe?) got into her account to try and use it to book then realized it wasn't going to work? I would think a scammer would be smarter than to sign a different name. LOL

Faith's reviews were really good so I don't think she knows what was happening...

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Suzanne302,

Signed names do sometimes not match profile name, while it is the same person. For example profile name can be surname, and signed name first name. But i am allways alert when it happens and ask for explanation.

The question from "kassie" is rather stupid anyway., so looks more to me daughter accessed mom's account instead of a scammer approaching you.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Suzanne302 Yikes!  Yeah, definitely as @Emiel1 says, and definitely looking for a place where no adults will be around to see what she's up to!  🙂

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Suzanne302  it sounds like a question from a 13 year old looking to host a party on Mom's Airbnb account 🙂