I would like to block temporarily my listing, how can i do it?

Ercy0
Level 2
Wollongong, Australia

I would like to block temporarily my listing, how can i do it?

I would like to block my listing starting March 8 -25, 2018.  How can i do it?

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ercy0,

Do you mean that you don't want to have anyone stay for those dates, March 8 to 25? You can still receive booking requests, during those dates, for other later dates.

If this is it then you can go to your calendar and click on the first date that you wish to block, in this case the 8th of March. A box will appear on the right. In the "Selected dates" box click on the date to the right of the "->" arrow and enter the last date you wich to block, that is the 25th of March. Now click on the little circle for "Blocked" and then on the "Save" button. Remember that people will still be able to check in before the 8th and check out on the morning of the 8th. If you don't want checkouts on the 8th you must block previous dates as well.

If you mean that you don't wish to receive any booking requests during March 8 to 25, even if they are for stays on other dates, like in April, then you must snooze your listing for those dates. Guests could still stay in your listing during those dates.

To do this, click on "Host" and then on "Listings" and then on the photo of the listing and scroll to the end of the page. Click on the "Edit" button in the "Listing status" section and click in the "Listed" box and choose "Snoozed". Follow the instructions from there to enter the dates.

Steve.

Ercy0
Level 2
Wollongong, Australia

Thanks Steve for your answer.  Im still learning on how to navigate airbnb.  I was able to get it on how to block the dates on the calendar if unavailable to booked for my guests.

My question is the opposite of my first question.   How to know if my listing is active and where to see it that it is listed.    I wanted to have more bookings on my place.  Thank you.

Hello @Ercy0,

You can see the status uf your listing as follows.

Click on "Host" and then on "Listings". Then click on the listing photo and scroll to the end of the next page. The "listing satus" section should say "Listed".

You ahve instant book turned on on your listings. If you require your guests to have government issued ID or recommendations from other hosts then you must be logged in when you search and you must have those requirements yourself.

The post below describes searching for your instant book listing.

Searching-for-your-Instant-Book-Listing

Steve.