IB

Adriana0
Level 1
Farmingville, New York, United States

IB

I do have IB. What delays my response which I'm now penalized for, is that the inquiry is by someone who is not fully verified. I have that as my preference. IB shouldn't be permitted if inquirer doesn't meet my criteria good reviews and fully verified
2 Replies 2
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Hi Adriana

I am not sure how you are having this problem of a delayed response and getting a penalty -- can you elaborate?  IT seems to me that if someone instant books and is not fully verified as you require, the result would be the same as for any host, when a guest issues a reservation request, but is not fully verified when host requires that.  The result is that the reservation request gets held up in the system or held in transit, while the guest is given time by AIrbnb to accomplish their verification.     I don't see any reason you would have a delayed response or a penalty in there.  

Guests are allowed to request IB even if they are not verified. The restriction is only on actually booking a reservation. When someone sends an IB, you are not penalized for not responding because the default is an Accepted reservation.

For IB requests from non-verified guests, Airbnb will require them to get verified and will put the reservation in Pending status until the guest has done so. 

Guests are allowed to make Inquiries even if they are not verified. The restriction is only on actually booking a reservation. When someone inquires, you still need to respond quickly. For inquiries from non-verified guests, you may want to create a standard reply with either questions about them and a statement reminding them that you will required they be verified before they can actually book a reservation.