How do I add an IBAN number?

Answered!
Alli3
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

How do I add an IBAN number?

I cannot seem to add an account for direct deposit because we do not use IBAN numbers in Canada. I have tried inputting my transit number, branch number and account number in many different ways and all together and nothing works. Please advise

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kate651

Kate there are many countries that do not support or use Iban codes, both Canada and Australia being two!

The common way around this is to include 4 zeros before the account number.

This link may help you convert your account number to an Iban code, but there is no guarantee it will solve your problem......

http://www.creativeeyes.at/tools/iban.php

Best to speak to your bank and be guided by them.....although lots of bank staff in Australia will look at you blankly and say...."an Iban, what!"

Good luck!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Alli3

I suggest you contact your bank in first instance.  IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number - I cannot see any reason why Candaian bank accounts would be an exception.  

I am from Malaysia . I called the bank and they say the bank don’t have IBAN number. Please advice what should I do? To 

I suppose you would have to use other payout methods available in your country. 

Hi I having the same problem now, may I know how u settled it?

same here ! did you find the answer?

We don’t use IBAN In Australia, what should i I do?

Contact your bank and they will give you you your SWIFT number.

Graham-And-Michelle0
Level 9
Auckland, New Zealand

Contact your bank. They will give you your routing number . 

Thank you for the information, that is very helpful, finaly i solve out the problem. Add the a account with computer or laptop not a phone. Thanks again!  so appreciate! 

All the best wishes to you!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kate651

Kate there are many countries that do not support or use Iban codes, both Canada and Australia being two!

The common way around this is to include 4 zeros before the account number.

This link may help you convert your account number to an Iban code, but there is no guarantee it will solve your problem......

http://www.creativeeyes.at/tools/iban.php

Best to speak to your bank and be guided by them.....although lots of bank staff in Australia will look at you blankly and say...."an Iban, what!"

Good luck!

Cheers.....Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the information, that is very helpful, finaly i solve out the problem. Add the a account with computer or laptop not a phone. Thanks again!  so appreciate! 

All the best wishes to you!

Kate

André388
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

For CIBC in Canada it appears IBAN would follow this format: CC0010+Branch Number+Account Number). I don't remember if I put spaces or not but I think its one continuous number without the + or (). CC0010 I think is specific to CIBC a Canadian bank.  Maybe other bank in the world follow the same format. I found this information off a document I used for a Wire transfer. 

This is very frustrating. Airbnb needs to contact people and get this straightened out. I refuse to do PayPal just because the bank transfer has become difficult. Not happy!! 

For those in Canada trying to add a bank, you HAVE to do it on the desktop site and not on the Airbnb App (at least not iOS app, not sure about Android).

The iOS app asks for IBAN/Swift code, while the desktop version asks for Institution number, transit number, and account number.
I think it's a glitch/deficiency in their app to not correctly ask the information based on the country chosen.