How long does airbnb take to verify ID?

Answered!

How long does airbnb take to verify ID?

Hi I'm a fairly new host, I asked a prospective guest to update their verification with a Gov ID they said they have done this but it is not reflecting yet.  Can anyone tell me how long it typically takes for a Gov ID verification to reflect on someone's profile?  Thanks. 

1 Best Answer

@Daveena1 - It can take several days some times depending on the level of verification needed (like someone manually needs to do it) and the country that person is from or where their ID is issued from.  Not normally, but I've seen it take a bit.  Normally it gets escalated if there is a problem and it can't be done automatically.  

See this article. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

@Daveena1 - It can take several days some times depending on the level of verification needed (like someone manually needs to do it) and the country that person is from or where their ID is issued from.  Not normally, but I've seen it take a bit.  Normally it gets escalated if there is a problem and it can't be done automatically.  

See this article. 

Hi, thanks for coming back to me. Cheers Daveena
Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Daveena1

Phone air bnb to find out sooner than later if your guest is going to be a red flag, by not providing verified ID, as asked. 

Bridget128
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi @Daveena, I requested a potential guest to upload their government ID and it took only a few minutes for it to be reflected on their status.

Chana2
Level 1
United States

Bridget, do you actually see the person's ID when they upload it or only Airbnb sees the actual ID?

Ann714
Level 1
California, United States

Only Airbnb, otherwise no one would do it since it would reveal information that could be used in identity theft.

Maryam89
Level 1
Detmold, Germany

my booking also canceled because airbnb was in process of confirm my identity after one day i could deleted my identity data from App and bookings was canceled , again i upload my identity with selfi and it was confirmed after some minute and i should have booked again , but the point was i could not change my Identity in my profile in web browser but in App i could