Icons in Airbnb calendar - definitions please

Answered!
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Icons in Airbnb calendar - definitions please

Some days in my calendar have a squiggly arrow. While it may be obvious to the Airbnb engineer who designed it, its meaning escapes me.

Worse then that, there is no defining list in HELP. "calendar icons" "sqiggly arrow" bring no helpful hints.

When I search for my listing, it does come up. It is available. There are no "rule sets"

Anybody know the answer to this riddle?

1 Best Answer
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Are you using Smart Pricing, @Paul154? To me it seems that the days whose prices are set by SP are marked in that way, those exempt do not have them:

SP_Arrows.jpg

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Are you using Smart Pricing, @Paul154? To me it seems that the days whose prices are set by SP are marked in that way, those exempt do not have them:

SP_Arrows.jpg

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi Marzena4,

I have always used smart pricing & have never seen those. That makes me wonder now?

Perplexing!

Bettye6

Kathleen277
Level 3
Massachusetts, United States

Marzena ..... Thank you for this explanation.  I did read however that it seems that I can exempt certain dates from Smart Pricing (SP).  Do you know how this is done or maybe can direct me to a link that explains this.  Thank you 

hilight the dates you want to chance the price on in the calendar (drag the cusor across all days you want to change the price). click the 'x' of the smart pricing field on the right side of the screen. you can now change your price there, click save, and the adjusted price appear on the calendar for th days you specifically chose only

Randy514
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

Hello, Can someone tell me what the marked icon means? Screenshot 2022-01-09 091449.jpgI

thanks,

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Randy514 it means smart pricing is active for those nights. If you overwrite the price it will go away.

If smart pricing is activated, then how come not all the dates show this icon?  Some have it, some don't. 

Ok, I think I see it now...

Good morning,

I too am trying to figure out what this symbol means.  I don't have smart pricing turned on and the icon is on all of my dates.  Any ideas?

David1690
Level 2
Oakland, CA

It's strange that Airbnb can't do something as simple as create a little guide to these icons on the calendar.  The Airbnb platform is always disappointing in one way or another.  You would think a company as big as Airbnb would be better organized.

I think it's more a problem of the culture of the tech teams. They get so embroiled in their own world, (dare I suggest they become somewhat like doctors, thinking they are Gods), they lose sight of the client, customer and users. I see this at a few other creative platforms I use, and they make "upgrades" that baffle us. Often the bold employees will subdue the quiet ones (who have great ideas), ....anyway, it's a hotbed of egos and talent that is challenging to control, or understand. 

They do it on purpose

Paul6636
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I too am getting this as I try to change pricing for peak August month.
I don't think it is because smart pricing is on as I keep getting button asking if I want to turn it on. It doesn't seem to work. I followed the instructions to change pricing for specific dates, so am assuming that I have done it correctly and don't think that this symbol is that important.
But like you , I want a simple list clearly explaining the icons. It should not be hard

Andrew2777
Level 1
United Kingdom

Yes, what does that symbol mean? Nobody seems to have figured it out on this thread yet?