If I delete my listing, will I still be able to access the messages about that property in my inbox?

Jon10
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

If I delete my listing, will I still be able to access the messages about that property in my inbox?

I'm about to delete my listing, but I would still like to be able to access the messages in the inbox about that listing. Does anyone know for certain that I will still be ale to do this?

Many thanks in advance for your help. 

🙂

5 Replies 5
Clint-and-Kendall0
Level 3
Daytona Beach, FL

I cannot say 100% for sure as I have never deleted a listing, but I could almost guarantee that you would not lose your messages. Airbnb knows that if you ever were to have a complaint made against you, or you were to make a complaint yourself about a past guest, your messages with the guest will be very important. 

If it were possible to get messages deleted by deleting a listing, unscrupulous hosts could just deactivate their listing any time one of their guests tried to complain to Airbnb about them not keeping their word from messaging conversations.

I think it's in the best interest of everyone (the host, the guest, and Airbnb) for the messages to be permanent.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jon10   I disagree with the previous responder, as I believe I have read the contrary on these forums. If you delete your listing (as opposed to just snoozing it), nothing on that listing will be available to you any longer. I don't think you'll even be able to sign in as a host any longer. I suggest you take screen shots of what you want to be able to refer back to and save it to your computer.

Jon10
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you kindly @Clint-and-Kendall0 and @Sarah977! Much appreciated. 

@Sarah977: do you have any links to the other advice you've seen on this forum? As I obviously now have conflicting advice here, and would like to know for certain before I delete. 

The thing is, I have another property listed on AirBnB, so my account as a host would still exist. I just need to know about the messages, really. 

Thank you kindly, again, anyway. I hope you're having a great day 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jon10 Sorry, I don't have any links to the info. Maybe type in some key words in the search bar? Why don't you contact Airbnb to see what they say about it?

Clint-and-Kendall0
Level 3
Daytona Beach, FL

I agree with Sarah that if you delete your listing, all of the info related to the listing will then become unavailable to you, and I even agree that you probably won't be able to sign in as a host anymore. However, where I disagree is that I don't think that the previous messages in your INBOX will magically disappear. I don't think that the inbox filters out messages based off of whether you sent the messages as a guest vs a host.

Yeah, sorry I, unfortunately, don't have any links either, and I could most certainly be wrong. I agree with Sarah that your best option would be to contact Airbnb.