If a guest deletes their Airbnb profile, what happens to the reviews they've left?

Lauren474
Level 2
Norwich, United Kingdom

If a guest deletes their Airbnb profile, what happens to the reviews they've left?

My friend had a bad experience using Airbnb in a new city recently and it's put her off using the platform for good. Therefore she wants to delete her Airbnb profile completely. I've been discouraging her from doing so, however, as she's stayed in 10+ properties with Airbnb over the past couple of years and I'm unsure what happens to her reviews if she deletes the account. As a host, I don't want other hosts to lose out on her 5-star reviews since I know how important a full 12 months of reviews is for Superhost status. Does anybody know what happens to guest reviews after they delete their Airbnb profile? Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lauren474 the reviews she left for hosts remain even if she deletes her profile. They ar forever (unless someone in customer service deletes them) .

Barbara1213
Level 2
Boca Raton, FL

But if a guest deletes their profile, then do all reviews from hosts disappear from airbnb?