If you host in Marin County, Sonoma or Napa (USA)

Alessandra0
Level 5
Mill Valley, CA

If you host in Marin County, Sonoma or Napa (USA)

Hosts in the above counties please gather here. I am re-creating groups of hosts based on location. Sausalito already has a group (if you want to join please let me know). I also have a group in Mill Valley and creating one for Tiburon. More city-specific groups to follow before the end of February so if you read this please contact me here.

We discuss regulations of short term rentals in our cities and work with the Airbnb community organizers assigned to each of our cities. I also organize social gatherings but we are now busy with legalization work, so socials have to wait a bit!

We also discuss other local issues. For generic questions that are not location-specific please see other parts of the Community Center.

54 Replies 54
Karla4
Level 1
Novato, CA

At one time there was talk of creating a yahoo or google group outside this community. Is that happening?

Karla 

Novato, CA

Hi Karla,

sorry that I was not notified about your message, so I saw it only now...

We are setting up a new Marin Club and you probably have received an invite about attending the launch on August 17th. Hope to see you there!

Hi Alessandra!

I am a new Airbnb host and am considering offing our San Rafael home duing the weeks we are on business trips or vacations throughout the year. I am also interested in co-hosting once that service becomes available in our area. I would love to be part of the local Airbnb community. Where do I start? Is there a community link specifically for San Rafael/Marin County residents? Are there monthly meetings? Do you know if co-hosting in Marin County will be an option soon?

Thanks in advance!

Jens

@Jens29

Hi Jens, Thank you for your message. Yes, you are very welcome to join the Marin Club:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Marin-County-Home-Sharing-Club/gp-p/en_marin

(You have to be logged into Airbnb to access it)

PM me if the link doesn't work.

Regarding co-hosting, you can post in our group community board and see if anybody is nearby and is interested. I don't know when the option to "advertise" co-hosting services will be active in our area. For the moment you can just name a co-host for your account, but you have to find that person first.

Looking forward to talking further!

Best,

Alessandra

Hi Alessandra!

Thank you for your reply. When I click on the link, it claims that I am not a host (I am logged in). I do have a nearly completed but unpublished listing of my home. Perhaps a published listing is required and therefore I am not able to join the club?

I'd love to start by knowing what the laws are in San Rafael (94903) as they relate to listing my home on Airbnb.

Kindly,

Jens

Dear Alessandra,

@Akessabdra0

I like to start hosting Airbnb at Sausalito.  I hope to join the local club.

Would appreciate your advice on how to enroll.

Thank you,

Jackie

@Jackie142  Hi Jackie, if you are within Sausalito City limits unfortunately short-term rentals are banned. If you are in the County please check the County websites for information about registering, and rules and regulations. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions.

Warmly,

Alessandra

Hey Alessandra, I am a new host in the Marin/Mill Valley area and would love to join your Marin Community Club, however, the link doesn't work for me - Is there another way I can find this group to connect?

Thanks

@Annabel278 Thank you for reaching out! This was a very old post, the group has been dormant for a long time and I think some Marin hosts created a new one on Facebook. You are welcome to find other hosts through the community center if you want to create a new group, or feel free to ask questions!

Lucy0
Level 3
California, United States

Hi Alessandra!  I'd love to link up with other hosts to see what we can do about trying to get AirBnB adding a line item for our TOT. Any tips?

Hi Lucy, sorry I was not notified that you posted this question and I saw this only now. 

It will not be possible in the short term to add a line for the TOT. We have to collect it ourselves, unfortunately. There has been a lot of discussion about this but so far this is the situation.

By the way, we are going to launch our Marin Club later in August so I hope you join!

Surinder0
Level 2
California, United States

Hello,

We are hosts in American Canyon, CA and have been searching for others in our city that would like to meet and discuss a few things. One issue imparticular being City Code issues. Has anyone received a letter, etc. We enjoy hosting and want to continue down this Airbnb path, but I believe we need to ban together at this point. I look forward to hearing back from you!!

Sincerely,

Surinder

Hi, I am sorry that I was not notified about your message, so I saw it only now.

With the creation of local Clubs there will be more interaction between hosts. We are launching the Marin Club later in August and you are welcome to join that (keep an eye on the list of available clubs) while waiting for one in Napa. There is one in Sacramento too. Hopefully some hosts in American Canyon will join one of the clubs and then you will be able to talk to each other. In the old system I had hosts in American Canyon in my group but the old groups have been discontinued and all that info is lost.

@Surinder0 I just found out that there are no immediate plans for a Napa Club, so you could join this one, created by Peter Kwan in SF:

http://nb.home-sharers.org/

They call it "North Bay" but they are only active in the napa area.

I hope this helps!

Alessandra