If you let more than 1 person rent a room (2 guests) and you are 1 owner living next room

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

If you let more than 1 person rent a room (2 guests) and you are 1 owner living next room

what is the possibility that the guests start to press on you with their own rules, because of bigger quantity of people in "their team"? You know, what I mean. You still can control one human, but bigger quantity may lead into a trouble. Did you have conflicts like that in your rental practice. Share the examples, please. Thank you. 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Olga464,

If you mean a guest booked 1 room for more then 1 person:

The main guest (the person booked) is responsible and can be approached when other people in the party make trouble.

If you mean more then 1 room in a house is occupied by 1 guest:

They all are individual bookings, so not "a team". When it comes to sharing facilities they somehow have to respect each other and could indeed lead to some trouble. There is also something like  "group-dynamcs", but the host should be firm and not bend for such processes.

This type of renting (more rooms in 1 house, but not living there myself) is my situation, but i allways managed to solve problems by talking to people individual. Do not go into discussions with "the group".

best regards,

Emiel

thank you. In my case i rent one room to one person only. And i live in another room of this apartment. Two rooms are separate. I also wanted to hear the experience of people renting only 1 room to couple of guests. When means that the owner is a minority in this situation and how 2 guests can take the advantage upon the situation. On concrete examples.