Improving 1st Page Clicks & 1st Page CTR

Jeffrey325
Level 2
California, United States

Improving 1st Page Clicks & 1st Page CTR

Hello,

My wife and I co-host multiple Airbnb listings in the same area.  We've done a great job (if we do say so ourselves) of advertising our listings to maximize visibility.  

1. We have professional photos

2. Great descriptions

3. Competitive Prices

4. A constantly updated calendar 

5. Complete and luxurious amenities 

6. Strong reviews

Our daily 1st page impressions are MUCH higher than the local median.  However, our 1st Page Clicks and 1st Page CTR are low.  Does anyone have any tips for improving these key figures?  I've read that major hotel chains slash prices as much as 40% during mid-week and off-peak season.  Potentially its as simple as being comfortable dropping our pricing even further?  We worry that with lower pricing there is a greater risk of wear and tear and attracting guests who take less care of our property... Any and all tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated.  

1 Reply 1
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jeffrey325 my stats in those areas are in decimal points and I am pretty booked.

Are you happy with your occupancy rate? I understand 100 percent is altimate happy, but compare to your market? Is it worth it for you to host at those low rates? You need to calculate your break even and then decide the lowest amount above that worth your time and effort. There have been some great posts here about how to calculate cost. You should not go below that amount just to get a booking. Outside of that- why not lower your rates to that amount for near future dates still unbooked. 

Going back to stats, you do not know what else is on that first page. You have no idea what you are being compared to. This is just one of the many tools for you to access your performance so I would say do not get fixated on that. It sounds like you are already doing everything possible. As long as your occupancy is higher than average- continue with what you have been doing so well- provide great service, tweak your descriptions every once in a while