In less than 3 years I made it to 400 five star reviews!

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

In less than 3 years I made it to 400 five star reviews!

I am pretty happy about this so I've decided to share it here where everyone who hosts can appreciate it. I have 403 reviews but only 400 show up in my visible count. I did have at least one that wasn't a 5 star so my rating is 4.99 for what seems like forever! Someday maybe I'll overcome that .01 and reach 5? I have been a superhost since the first qualifying period after we started in 2017.

I'm amazed at how quickly this whole thing has taken off. We were charging $39 a night when we started... per airbnbs original recommendation! We're now at $160 during the slow winter season and $225 on weekend nights during the busy summer season. 

I have numerous repeat guests. One family has been here 10 times!

The first year 2017 we made $19k. In 2018 we made $25K. In 2019 we made $35K. Because I've added an airbnb "experience" recently (which has been pretty successful so far), I'm shooting for $50k this year! I am making more money renting a single 134 sq ft tinyhouse (working MAYBE an hour a day cleaning/laundry) than  I made when I worked 40 hours a week @$16.10/hour as a forklift operator in a grocery warehouse! There are things we all can complain about regarding airbnb but we have to agree that it has provided us a unique opportunity to make money very unconventionally and quite easily. 

22.jpg

28 Replies 28
Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

Wow @Donald28 , that is an impressive achievement! Well done and wishing you many more happy guests and reservations!!!

I agree , it's the attention to detail and the little things that can make a difference.

Happy hosting 2020

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Really well done @Donald28 here's to your next 400 :))))

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Great work, @Donald28, huge congratulations to you! My sons would be in absolute Arcade Heaven at your amazing place! ;))

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Thanks folks! 

Stephenson0
Level 1
Chattanooga, TN

Congratulations to you  @Donald28 ! That’s big time

Yazdy0
Level 2
Kidanganad, IN

Bravo! Would like to learn from you. 

Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Donald28 

I am curious why just 1 guest left you a 4 star review. What was their reasoning? Some people just cannot give a perfect score no matter what. Not sure if it is because they themselves are perfectionist or just unhappy in general.

I really don't know. He was our 3rd guests way back in march of 2017. He paid $39 for the night! That's the price airbnb recommended I charge, so I did. What did I know?! LOL! He came here for the night because his local home was being painted and he could not be there. Back then we had no big deck, no concrete walkways, no privacy fence and the tinyhouse had a waterless toilet... which most people hated. Also, the arcade only had about 5 games in it. We have 40 now! We weren't perfect back then but have come a long way in 3 short years.

20170303_120948-1.jpg

This picture shows how much work you've put in, @Donald28,  and how far you've come, when you compare to your current photos. You have something very unique that's for sure. What fun! Congrats!

Wonderful accomplishment! You've done well sir, keep inspiring all of us!

Patty-Patchara0
Level 2
Stratford, New Zealand

Congratulations 

Laura976
Level 4
Newport, OR

Donald,

what an absolutely fabulous place you have put together!  Excellent marketing and I love hearing your “voice” in the listing description. Makes you feel like someone I would want to have as my friend. BTW Target offers wonderful sheets as part of their Threshold brand that you can buy as parts rather than sets. Might save you a bit on bedding. All cotton and wonderfully soft. Keep up the great hosting!  Inspirational!

Kia289
Level 2
Louisiana, United States

Awesome work!

Robin807
Level 3
Anaheim, CA

Congratulations @Donald28 on your success!  Thank you for sharing your story.  You have definitely inspired me to keep improving as a host.