In need of a Superhost

In need of a Superhost

Hi,

I’m interested in becoming a host in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Airbnb has informed me they no longer provide Superhost.

Would someone be able to provide me with information in regards to getting one?

Thank you 

11 Replies 11

Hi @Mitchell77 

I’m in need of someone who can assist me to host and take care of the day to day since I won’t always be on the premise. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would see if there's a local host forum for the area on FB or elsewhere and post there asking for recommendations for local superhosts who co-host. @Jessica2014 

@Helen3 Thank you! 

Hi did you ever find someone to help you? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jessica2014  What you are looking for is not called a Superhost, it's called a co-host. 

Now you may prefer someone to host for you who has proven record of being a great host themselves, which might mean they are also a Superhost. But there are several criteria involved in having Superhost status, one of which is a 4.8 rating. And someone can be a great host but have a lower rating than that simply because they had one guest who decided to give a bad rating for some reason that had nothing to do with the host or the listing, but simply that the guest was rude and demanding and wanted everything their own way, including having things that weren't stated as provided, or the guest got called out for breaking house rules or sneaking in extra guests.

Hi @Sarah977, thank you so much for clarifying this to me. Would you be able to tell me Airbnb provides this service or if there’s another company. If not thank you either way, now I can begin to look into this since you’ve clarified it for me.

@Jessica2014  I've ever used a co-host or been one, so I really don't know anything about it, but my understanding is that Airbnb used to provide this service, of having a list of local co-hosts that hosts could access, but doesn't anymore. That's why Helen probably suggested that you look for a local hosting Facebook group.  

Just make sure that you have a solid written contract with your co-host, so there aren't any misunderstandings. And I would advise you to keep the listing under your account, rather than the co-host's, as reviews and ratings stay with the account of the listing administrator, not the listing itself. So if you found you weren't pleased with the co-host, it could be a pain to get the listing out of their name, and if there were good ratings and reviews, you'd loose all those if the listing was under the co-host's profile.

I've read several host posts here where the home-owner was dealing with just such an issue.

@Sarah977 Well said! I’m starting to think super host is a badge to claim pushover...which no super host should ever be! 

@Katrina79  Unless they change the review system so obvious outlier reviews are removed without a battle, the ratings shouldn't even be used in assessing Superhost. All the other criteria are things hosts have control over, but no one has control over a nasty guest deciding to leave a 1* retaliation review. 

Remember when one of the criteria was that 50% of your guests had to have left a review? They did away with that one, which was also something hosts had no control over. 

It makes me feel sick when I read about hosts putting up with all sorts of horrid guest behavior, afraid to say anything to the guest because they're so terrified of a bad review.

Fanni22
Level 2
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Hi @Jessica2014 , I am living in Santo Domingo and renting a house with Airbnb in the city, I could help you co-hosting your property!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

service solicitation