In order to reimburse a guest for one night does it need to go through Resolutions?

Susan60
Level 2
Groveland, CA

In order to reimburse a guest for one night does it need to go through Resolutions?

I had a lovely Chinese couple that did not understand how to use the heater in the room.  I am afraid that they froze on their second night. I would like to refund one night.  I found the Resolutions Center.  Is this how I do it?  They may not understand, and I do not want them to think they did anything wrong.  I just want to take one night off their payment.

Thanks,

Susan

2 Replies 2
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Susan60

The only official and more proffesional way is using the resolution center... 

But if they still with at your house and you don't feel comfortable with the resolution center you always can offer cash or extra services for them... 

Luis

The problem with offering a cash refund is there is no record of it. The guest could then go to the resolution centre and reclaim a refund, which would be accepted and you would have to pay out for a second time. In some, uncomplicated circumstances the resolution centre works very quickly and I would go there if I were you. You are very generous to refund a guest for something he didn't understand. It's a nice gesture. Maybe get the instructions translated into Chinese if you have alot of guests from China.