Inability to provide lower rates for longer stays

Jack90
Level 6
Queensland, AU

Inability to provide lower rates for longer stays

I currently rent out a holiday home in Gold Coast and would love if there's a simpler way to provide discounts for longer stays. Yes, there's a week and month discount option, but it's very difficult to offer these discounts for 3-7 night stays. I'm sure a lot of hosts have encountered this problem too, and resort to having to increase their 'cleaning fee' cost as a way of adding a per stay cost to make shorter stays more expensive and encourage longer stays. 

I do this currently with my property, with a $295 cleaning fee, while decreasing my per night accommodation fee, to incentivise longer stays: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/16502631

However, this often results in guests thinking that there is a high cleaning fee and therefore feel entitled to just leave properties in a mess, even though they're not paying for more cleaning! Would be great if Airbnb somehow provided a way to give discounts for these mid-range stays. A small 3 night discount  feature or something like that would be fantastic. 

What are your thoughts and strategies for rewarding longer stays? Cheers!

0 Replies 0