Inaccuracy in listing auto location

Graeme14
Level 2
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Inaccuracy in listing auto location

Hello,

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I have a listing in Inverleith, Edinburgh, UK. It's a desirable neighbourhood and very close to the City Centre.

Recently I received a booking which the guest cancelled shortly after booking - I asked the guest for some feedback. I was surprised when they replied that they had been advised by friends not to stay in Leith. I quickly replied that my listing was not in Leith (some 3 or 4 Kms away) but in Inverleith close to the botanic gardens.

When I investigated I could indeed see that Airbnb have listed this as Leith - Help!!

Any suggestions as to how I best rectify this?

Happy hosting

Graeme

3 Replies 3
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Use a desktop computer instead of a iPhone or laptop contact Airbnb or just reset it look at there help center from Airbnb do the message bord

Hi Graeme - this happended to me too. My USP is that I am very near Gatwick Aiport and yet my listing showed that I was in another village further away. The problem started when I first listed and Airbnb ask you to put a pin in the map where your house is. The  map was wrong so I had to get as near as I could hence incorrect listing. Finally sorted it out by contacting Airbnb direct and they made a one time only change. Due to search maps online also being incorrect Satnavs never find us so I have a saved instruction message that I send new guests, This usually works but I include my mobile number - usually used by taxi drivers who think they know better than I do where I live!!

Hope you get it sorted

Graeme14
Level 2
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Sally209 thank you, that's really helpful - I'll contact Airbnb directly and ask them to modify - I'm still trying to figure out how this happened.

Thankfully I haven't had guests struggling to find my place - so far straight 5* reviews - last couple of weeks have been quiet but 3 weekends booked including this weekend 

Happy hosting

Graeme