Incentivize Electric Vehicle Use

Sarah-And-Stephen1
Level 1
Fort Bragg, CA

Incentivize Electric Vehicle Use

Hello,  

My 7-year old daughter inquired last week with the hardest question yet, "Daddy, what are we doing about Global Warming?"  This week I would like to incentivize the use of Electric Vehicles to our vacation rental.  For my daughter (and yours).  

Thanks for your insight and help in getting this started.

Regards,

Stephen

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

There has been a few posts about this, have you installed a charging system or are you looking to do so, sounds like the latter.

A  report on your experiances, what is involved, who you used how much it cost would I am sure be of interest to others.

Always wondered how you charged for it.

David

Hi David,

I have the level 2 (240 volt) charging system installed.  I would like to have a tiered fee system that accounts for the externalities (which we will pay for sooner or later).  Our grid is 25% renewable and getting cleaner.  Solar is next.  Nonetheless, I would like to reward EV travelers.  I would need a VIN number to identify the car make-which presents a set of concerns.  Whatever it takes.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sarah-And-Stephen1,

Aw, this is a really sweet post and your daughter is very wise. 🙂 

We have a number of different topics on sustainability here in the Community Center, which you might be interested in sharing your experiences/thoughts in here are a few:

I hope you enjoy. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.