Incorrect Listing : Entire House vs Apartment

Catherine577
Level 3
Memphis, TN

Incorrect Listing : Entire House vs Apartment

Hi, I just listed my house (entire home). When I went back to do a search on Homes in my city a listing came up as the number one result for a host who is misrepresenting  his apartment listing as an entire home. Naturally this skews the results unfairly as I'm now "competing" for guests with these inaccurate listings. The host that I mentioned has over 500 reviews so they get top-billing. We count on hosts to be honest about their listing. Who monitors this?

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

If you are concerned about a certain listing: there is a "report this listing" option just beneath the "Book" button.

Best regards, Emiel

Hi, i did review that option, but the choices did not apply here.

@Catherine577, is the host staying in the apartment with the guest?

If not, then they are listed in the correct category. The options for listing types are:

1. Shared room: someone not in your group will be staying in the same room with you.

2. Private room: you get a room to sleep in that is yours alone, but other people share communal areas with you.

3. Entire home/apartment: no one else is living in the listing but you.

If the host is not staying in the apartment with the guest, what category do you feel these other listings should be under?

Here is the page that explains to the hosts the different listing types:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/317/what-do-the-different-room-types-mean

Hello, my issue with this is that there is an option under the "entire home/apartment" designation to correctly specify either apartment or home. I've seen this in my searches. When someone has an apartment then it should be listed as such. Our laws recognize these as to different entities as does our tax system. You get my point. Other listings are correct from what I've seen. Do a search on Homes in Smyrna, Georgia and you'll see the listing come up as the first one.

@Catherine577, how the host classified their place might not make much of a difference on AirBnB now.

Some hosts noticed that when guest search now, they can only choose from 3 options for listing type:

1. Shared Room

2. Private Room

3. Entire Place

Note that Entire House and Entire Apartment are going to be lumped together. In face Entire (anything) is going to lumped together.

I think in the older version of search you could specify that you wanted a House, or Apartment, or Cottage, etc. This apparently is not so anymore.

Given that people are going to see all the "Entire (anythings)" lumped together no matter what, is there another reason it upsets you that Entire Apartment places are being mislabelled as Entire House?

Matthew,

I believe guests can select under "more filters" for "House" under propety type.  This in theory should only show houses, but I echo Catherine's concern that there are listings that aren't houses as some results are are townhouses, etc. as they've been listed incorrectly when the space was originally set up.