Incorrect guest information - both list from Kellyville OK, but that is incorrect. 2 separate resrtn

Sue-And-Blaise0
Level 1
Penngrove, CA

Incorrect guest information - both list from Kellyville OK, but that is incorrect. 2 separate resrtn

This last week, I had two separate guest reservations both stating they are from Kellyville OK, which is incorrect. Anyone else having this problem? They are both new AirBnb users.

79 Replies 79
David376
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Okay so here's the issue--take my latest Kellyville guest--she has "6 verifications"--I have no idea what the whole 6 are, but the 3 isted are: 

• Government ID
    Verified
  • Selfie
    Verified
  • Phone number

So how can it still say Kellyville when her ID must say Las Vegas, Nevada (where she's actually from)--what the heck is AirBnB verifying.  I have asked themt to remove disgusting creepy guests for lung about where they're from and they refuse and say we'll have to pay a cencellation fee.  If lying about the verfification info isn't grounds, what is?

Ronald47
Level 1
Sussex, WI

Yes almost every guest in July, 2 in August and one in September are all fome Kellyville, Ok.

Marco142
Level 2
California, United States

ALL of my new reservations are people listed from Kellyville OK. How can AirBNB verify these new guests if they dont even check their address??

Kellyville, huh? Interesting. I seem to be missing them. In the spring I heard a lot about Lindenwold, NJ on the forum. So I mentioned it to my guest, who changed her profile. She was from the Chicago area. Now I'm getting numerous guests from Bristow, OK (one was really from Park Ridge, IL) and Conway, MO. Two sisters from there were from Grand Rapids, MI. But I'll keep looking for those from Kellyville. I have no doubt it will take a while before this is fixed.

@Mimi13  ITs been happening for a long time, so I just make sure that my guests profiles are correct by making a comment about what city it says on their profile....and most tell me, yikes its wrong....so in the past I use to click on HELP directly on their booking and report to Airbnb that their profile is reflecting the wrong city.  It helps if a guests actually takes the time to fill out their profile completely including a description of themselves, which is why I now make it a requirement in House Rule #1 in order for them to get a confirmed booking.  Problem solved for me since Feb 2016.   (and now other hosts are following suit to my House Rules)

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Thanks Mimi, I will follow your great advice! 

@Olivia93 

Mimi?  I think you meant Momi, right? hahaha.  The number of ways I see my name spelled is so funny.  You are most welcome.

EDITED TO ADD:  aaawwww I now realize that you were addressing Mimi, hahaha my bad.  It does happen A LOT that I get my name spelled wrong and because you asked about my House Rules, I thought you were replying again to me since I was below Mimi's post).  

If you want to see my House Rules, all you have to do is move your mouse over my profile face on any post here in the CC, and two things will pop up.   (make sure you are signed in or you won't get those options to pop up on hosts faces)

1.  To send a private Direct message that is automatically emailed to the host.  GREAT FEATURE on the CC. 

2.  View Profile.  Choose this option, which takes you to my listing and click on the listing.  Then you can view exactly what my house Rules say.  Hundreds of hosts have been "taking" from my house rules, which is fine, because I want others to be helped by my House Rules, but please do not copy and paste.  Make it your own.  Its a guideline. 

3. If you find any public post helpful, be sure to click on the "thumbs up" feature found at the bottom of that post.  🙂

Are you by any chance on social media.....I use that platform and many hosts follow me there to get immediate help.  

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

What is your wording for your House Rules? 

Ryan212
Level 1
Lake Arrowhead, CA

I have three separate reservations stating guest is from Kellyville, OK ... WTH?

@Ryan212 , it's a known issue, nothing to worry about: it's Airbnb's current default setting for guests who have not filled out location in their profile. Before kelleyville it was lindenwold, Nj.

i mean, they could just leave it alone, or actually make new members fill out their profile. but that isn't happening, so it just (needlessly) alarms hosts....  My next guests are also from kelleyville, haha!

Olivia93
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

The two guests I had from Kellyville OK both complained to airbnb, wanting a refund,  so now I have 2 negative marks on my host profile for no fault of my own. 

I spoke with the airbnb rep from the resolution center, who said if a host gives a refund, airbnb gives the guest a refund of their guest service fee, but does not give a refund to the host's commission, even if the Host was right. So airbnb is favoring the guest, even when she said the guest was wrong, and I was right. 

So I am no longer going to allow guests from Kellyville OK to stay in my place. They are already suspect because they are not willing to give their hometown. 

I am also going to screen them better by asking more questions about their trip. 

Gwen18
Level 2
Redwater, TX

I have had numerous guests in the last couple of months come up as being from Kellyville, OK.   At first I thought word had gotten out in Kellyville about our place!  🙂   Then started questioning what was going on when I went to my own profile to change something and found that my location had been changed to Kellyville!!  I had put in my real home town originally!   So I changed it back.  Now when someone books and it tells me they're from Kellyville, I ask them where they are from and why.  Airbnb definitely needs to work on this issue.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community Center. I have been gathering all your experiences and feedback on this and am passing this back to the team. 

I will keep you updated on any update I receive, but please do continue to share what you are experiencing on your side. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie,

I cannot think of a single good reason why Airbnb can't ask for a city and state when they ask for a first and last name to get someone started. This is not an issue of privacy, discrimination, or anything else. Or, if they won't do that, at least use a default that says "unknown". I had 2 sisters coming from "Conway, MO", a good day's drive away. Turns out they were from Grand Rapids, MI, just 2 hours from me. (I've never had Kellyville, Ok, but I've had at least 4 each from Conway, MO and Bristow, OK.)

To most hosts, this is a no brainer fix that needs to be taken care of! Thanks for anything you can do to help.

I agree!  I've had three bookings from "Kellyville OK" in the last week.  Please, if you are telling us that you are verifying these people, then it shouldn't be an issue to actually get a verified city and state.