Incorrect home address

Mike-and-Kirsten0
Level 1
Pagosa Springs, CO

Incorrect home address

My last three guests have all said my street address (house number) is incorrect in the information they are given - but they are all giving me a different street number. I have gone into Locations and looked throughout my listing and I cannot find a single place it is noted incorrectly. Thanks

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I had the same thing happen recently with two of my reservations.  When I went into the Location section where you edit your profile, I noted my address was indeed correct, but the map was not positioned on the correct house.  You can move the point on the map to pinpoint your exact house.  After I did that, all was fine.  Not sure why it wasn't pinpointing my exact address to begin with - but Airbnb is notoriously buggy.  This exact pinpoint only shows to registered guests, so no worries prospective guests can see your exact location before booking a stay.  Hope this helps!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Cynthia-and-Chris1 and @Mike-and-Kirsten0,

I hope you are having a good week. Sorry you haven't got any response to this yet. 

In general terms for privacy reasons the point on the map is there to give a general guide to where the listing is in the area. However, if it is located in a completely different place, then this shouldn't be happening. Sometimes if your house is in a more rural setting or in certain countries the map doesn't show correctly, this is do with the map itself rather than on Airbnb's side. In terms of changing your point, here is a useful Airbnb Help Center article on How to edit my address?.  

On both accounts it does sound as if you have tried this so if this doesn't help, I would suggest contacting the Support Team to get this sorted. 

Do let me know how you get on. Speak to you soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

I'm facing the same problem and my guest got lost many time the map was not positioned on the correct address the lane is incorrect. I did follow your advice but it doesn't work. could you please reply me and assist @Lizzie