Individual guest's star ratings now visible?

Ernesto-and-Judy0
Level 2
California, United States

Individual guest's star ratings now visible?

First it was hiding guest photos, now today I got a guest request, photo hidden AND guest reviews hidden unless I use instant book.  I can't see what kind of reviews this guest has until I accept they're booking.  We do not like to use instant book.  Does anyone else find this ridiculous??

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ernesto-and-Judy0,

I am not on Instant Book, but still can see the reviews (not the star ratings) in the potential guests profile !

Photo's are indeed blocked (yes, it is ridiculous).

best regards,

Emiel

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Ernesto-and-Judy0, what, are you kidding? What is going on??? The safety and security aspect is being eroded to the point that hosts will start leaving in droves. I have Instant Book switched on, so I don't know if this will affect me, but I agree that the new 'no photo' policy is completely ridiculous.

I have just declined a booking as the person had been with Airbnb since 2017 had no reviews.  There is nothing extra about my guest to give me any info at all to make an educated decision to  reassure me and make me, the host feel safe.  The person had a facebook account but because I dont know his surname no way to take a look.  I have been burnt before n now am cautious.  How do you all handle this/I would love some feedback.

Alison754
Level 2
Waikawa, New Zealand

We are experiencing this problem as new hosts. We have instant book turned on but only for people recommended by other hosts. We have had three booking requests where the profile and reviews are not visible and two have been members for several years. Are we missing something or is this an Airbnb default? I don't mind taking a punt on new members but I should be able to read reviews on longer term members before accepting