Informing guests of new events taking place

Gregory70
Level 1
Groton, MA

Informing guests of new events taking place

I have just started to do Airbnb. My property is on the island of Camiguin in the Philippines. Camiguin is small but has some very unique tourist attractions. Each month has some great activities that you can't find going as a tourist. Many times during the year there are major festivals going on. I found a great introduction to the island and made some really great friends.

So I've noticed that there is no real way to keep customers or potential ones about a major event. One of them is Holy Week when people make the stations of the cross which go up a mountain. People from all over the world come for that.

Then you have various festivals

And beauty pageants are also very common as well as local talent contests.

Christmas is going on from Sept to New Years day.

These and more I'd like to be able to share as they come up.

4 Replies 4

@Gregory70 I'm not quite sure what your question is, but if you're asking about how to inform guests about local events I'd recommend using the text of your listing. Also, when you receive a booking you can include a little info about which events coincide with the guest's stay. 

It's a matter of having a page that you can just announce what is going on with your property. I have seen these before and is just another tool in conjunction with what is there already. It's not about informing guests that's the easy part. You want to get more guests and so you have a place where you can let potential customers can see what is going on. 

It could be something like this" November is coming and a wonderful Festival is coming" And then you might give some more detail and so someone who is thinking about what to do will see it and say"Wow, that sounds great. Hey, honey let's go to Camiguin, they have this great festival coming up."

We need more tools not less. It's nice to have what you have already. But we need to reach out more rather than just hope they find us. It's especially true in Asia. There's a lot to do so giving suggestions goes a long way.

Right now I can open up and see in general what is going on in any given area But being able to reach a certain clientele is one step up. I have seen many people who don't go to a particular place because they want a reason to go there.  

@Gregory70  Have you not found that your guidebook is a good place for highlighting these things? Otherwise, you could itemize recurring year round events on your listing description. Then finish the list by noting that guests who book will be given more information as desired. That might pique your prospective guests interest. I think you're doing a good job already! Your listing was drawing me in as I was perusing it. Sounds like a lively, vibrant, sociable place to be (and I'm intrigued by 'videoki'!)

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Quick search and and I found  "The Camiguin Tourism Office".

Have you ever been there?

Probably you can find some brochures, catalogues, special calendars and other advertising materials there. Pick some and put them somewhere, where your guests will read them.