Inquires about renting for a few hours

Inquires about renting for a few hours

Twice now I have had people inquire about renting my apartment for the day or a few hours.  Both times the guest didn't have a pic, no reviews and the name was ambiguous.  Most recently I had one for 2 people and they were wanting an early check in.  When I confirmed that they were not wanting the apartment over night and they responded, yes only from 10am - 9pm, midnight at the latest, I then asked what was bringing them to our area.  Response -  'meetings in the area'.  Long story short, I then said that I could accomodate their request, that I would be on the property all day and could work with them on their checkout time...I never heard back.  Has anyone else had this experience?  if so, did it turn out ok?  Any horror stories?  

7 Replies 7
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Andrea1375 I would never ever accept such request. Their reaction when told that you are going to be present the whole time speaks volumes. We could guess all day why would they need the property but I am sure that it is not to just take a shower between meetings. 

Exactly.  That's the reason I responded the way that I did.  If they were on the up and up, my being there wouldn't matter.  Their not responding and losing interest in my place when they did find out that I would be on the property...spoke volumes!

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Absolutely weird....it takes all sorts to make the world!

Catherine232
Level 10
Vancouver, Canada

There were reports of sex workers using Airbnbs extensively in Vancouver. Sounds like either that or a tryst. The fact that they didn't follow up when you agreed but indicated you would be present makes it sound like it was a physical meeting rather than one of minds 😉

Jill295
Level 4
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I actually have my place listed 3 ways, for daytime only https://abnb.me/4R0EVRpPoQ

2) for private bdrm and bathroom (overnight when I’m home)

3) entire space 2bdr/2bth(while I’m away)

the Daystay reservations are very lucrative and as I consider it getting paid to go to work or hang out at my clubhouse pool&gym. I usually get 4 reservations a month. Read the description in my post to see what people use it for and the fees. 

Love the day stay 

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

Yesterday I have got an inquiry about just leaving their luggage till 1 am. I felt somehow offended, my listing doesn’t look like a garage:)