Inquiries

Lynette36
Level 2
San Juan, Trinidad and Tobago

Inquiries

I just received an inquiry asking where exactly my place is located. The person just joined this month. He left his name and phone number which was locked by Airbnb. There is no picture of him and where he is from. Any suggestions.

8 Replies 8
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

The person might be looking for an off-Airbnb deal, @Lynette36. You might advise them to book or just give the name of the neighbourhood. Anything with numbers will appear as [hidden]

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Lynette36

At the top right on the message from your guest is a small flag, click it and report this user for trying to make contact outside the system.

Lynette36
Level 2

Thank you all for your suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Or send them one of my infamous . (dot) replies. It never fails to cause them go away.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lynette36

It's rather easy to see for everybody where you place is located. Just zoom in on the search map (name of street starts with "c", yes ?). You are a superhost, so you have a lot of experience allready, so trust your feelings about it. You could also ask for ID verification.

Lynette36
Level 2

Thanks Emiel. I feel much better with the decision I made

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

We generally just tell people that the exact address is not given out until a confirmed booking for security purposes. I will give them the neighborhood name and direct them to the approximation map at the bottom of our listing page. We also tell inquiring guests that we will not accept any bookings without going through the Airbnb verifcation process including having a profile picture of their face....not of their dog or a sunset but their actual face.

I have some of these sometimes. I write back and tell them they will get my addrress once they pay airbnb. Because of a safety issues I don't have pictures of the front of my house, I don't take people trying to contact me asking to take a look at he bedroom ( airbnb policy). By the way, a year after I started hosting, I had a woman locating my house by clicking on the map, as I live in a cull de sac (there are only 5 houses in the cul de sac), she went knocking on every one of my neighbors and asking for me. One of the neighbors showed her my house. I thought she was an airbnb guest who requested a booking that day and took her in, surprised airbnb didn't send any emails for the booking. She said she was arriving from an overseas 2 days trip with Emirates Arab and was very tired that early evening.  The next morning I contacted airbnb inquiring about the email not sent and reporting the guest had checked in. I was in chock when I was informed they didn't have any request from that guest.  I spoke to the guest and she only had a passport and told me how she had looked on the map and located my home by knocking on people's doors. The woman said she thought I was an older lady and that is why she came. I was cripped out. I asked the woman to leave.

I also became a pro on how to put in their place the male guests who start to flert and to show that they came for more than just spend the night.  It comes with experience.

One of my good ones is tell those crips the Police Department is less than a mile away and my place is very safe. Just  in case, if they don't feel safe, if the police is called in our neighborhood, they will send 3 or 4 cruzes at a time,only takes 2 minutes ( the truth),  because the police doesn't have a lot of work to do around here. It works miracles. The next morning I having a gentleman, totally changed. LOL