Inquiry disappeared

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Inquiry disappeared

Hi All

I had someone make an inquiry at 3.43am, which I saw on my phone when I woke up.   New guest, just joined,  and the message was a bit rambling, so I decided to respond from my computer, since it's easier for me to type longer messages on a full keyboard.

I opened Airbnb messaging on my desktop, but couldn't see the inquiry anywhere, although it was still on my phone app.    It then disappeared from my phone app, too. 

I can find the message on email - I can open it, it takes me to Airbnb messaging, and I can see the countdown clock.   I responded to the inquiry, but still do not see anything in messaging. 

Do we have a case of disappearing messages again ?

5 Replies 5
Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

As a follow-up, I updated my app, in case it was a syncing problem.  But that inquiry has vanished. 

@Katie  @Nick

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear this @Michelle53, you are the first reporting this but sending you a DM now to get a bit more information before I'm able to forward this. Thanks

@Nick  I wonder if the profile was deleted.   When I click on his name, I get the main Airbnb screen.    

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michelle53 @Nick we had texts of an enquiry this morning from Airbnb . These were definitely from a scammer and were not on the website so I assume Airbnb have deleted the user's account and the messages from the Airbnb system.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the input on this, @Mike-And-Jane0 

It seems it was a matter of the profile being deleted in the meantime, regardless I've asked the team just to double-check if they had similar reports lately.