How can I ensure I don't get bookings with pets or children?

Richard2048
Level 2
Ontario, CA

How can I ensure I don't get bookings with pets or children?

I asked an agent from Airbnb, I don’t except pets and I don’t like their children from the ages of 2-12 and this is all in my description. So if I get 10 inquiries and six out of 10 ask if their children could stay or if their pets could come and stay. And I decline, the agent said my Superhost would be removed and my efficiency may be dropped.

**[Title updated for clarity by Community Manager]

Richard Armendariz
6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Richard2048   You don't need to decline inappropriate inquiries. All you have to do is respond to them within 24 hours, you don't need to either pre-approve or decline.

It's only booking requests that you have to either accept or decline within 24 hours.

And the CS rep gave you incorrect info, which is nothing new from Airbnb's customer disservice dept. Acceptance rate isn't a factor in Superhost status, Response rate is.

I know they will send you warnings if you decline too much, though, or even threaten to suspend your listing, so stop declining those inquiries. Just let the inquirer know why you can't accept their booking.

Sounds like you get a lot of these, so you might want to create a saved message you can send, like "Thank you for your inquiry. As is stated on our listing, we do not accept pets or children, and as we have good reasons for that, we don't make exceptions to our rules. All the best in finding a place suitable to your needs."

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Have you tried marking your place unsuitable for children under 12?

Customer service can’t help if you don’t tag your space unsuitable for children. 

What do you mean ? Make it on suitable for children under 12?

In my definition of my place I tell people if they read all the rules at all except children from 2 to 12, or except pets

Richard Armendariz
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Richard2048  Try adding "We do not accept pets or children 2-12 in your listing description in addition to your house rules. Things which guests tend not to read should be mentioned in more than one place.

As an aside, you might want to remove the apostrophe from your listing title- "Views" not "View's". Pluralized words don't use apostrophes. 

Thank w

Richard Armendariz
Richard2048
Level 2
Ontario, CA

Thank you 

Richard Armendariz