Instant Book and Supercontrol

Instant Book and Supercontrol

My channel manager, Supercontrol, has the possibility of integrating with AirBnB (I have a few properties on the channel manager), however Instant Book appears to be a requirement of this integration.

My problem with Instant Book is 2 fold:

1). My office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and I cannot operate AirBnB outside of those hours. This means I will not be able to keep an eye on reservations that come in.

2). I am unable to take bookings 7 days before arrival, as I would have to check if in fact the properties would even be available at short notice.  With Instant Book it appears that a guest could book for arrival the same or next day.

Is there a way to not permit a booking before 7 days notice if I integrate the channel manager Supercontrol with AirBnB?

5 Replies 5
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Irish-Landmark-Trust0 you could make an adjustment to your listing/s which wouldn't allow guests to book with less than 7 days notice:

Go to your listing>edit listing>availability>reservation preferences>advance notice

You can then select the amount of notice you require and save the changes.

Hey @Paul1255,

That is what I have my settings at now Paul, but I have heard from another person that once integrated with my channel manager this is overturned and instant book becomes the setting.   Also, that I will not be able to make the settings to 7 days anymore.

I am cautious to integrate because of this.  I tried IB and it was a nightmare and I do not want to go down that road again if at all possible. 

Hey @Irish-Landmark-Trust0 ok I see. I am on instant book, and still have access to advance notice settings (mine used to be set to 3 days, but as work is slow at the moment and I have capacity I have recently set to same day) With IB you still have full control if you manage your settings with care:

-You can have advance notice on

-You can accept bookings from guests with recommendations only

-You can accept guests only with verified ID

-Any one outside of your IB settings has to send a request to book which still puts you in control

Unless I'm getting the wrong end of the stick with your channel manager/airbnb set up!

Helen267
Level 10
St. Andrews, United Kingdom

I second what @Paul0 said - I am on Instant Book but I still get to set my advance notice (in my case, 2 days, but I believe it can be a week). 

That is what I am wondering - about the channel manager/airbnb setup.  I can't get a straight answer from either Supercontrol or AirBnB as they both keep telling me it depends on the other party! 

So that is why I was hoping someone with similar experiance of integration with a channel manager like superconttol could help me out!!