Instant Booking for late/night check in

Instant Booking for late/night check in

Hello,

I have just turned instant booking on but I am afraid the idea to have the apt available right away.

For instance, I am fine to manage a check in during the night but I would need to be aware before 3pm to have the keys available.

I can't handle someone contacting me during the night and want the keys right now.

Can we mentioned somewhere ? what do you recommend ?

thank you

7 Replies 7
Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Yohan0,

You have a lot of control with Instant Book, including not allowing Same Day bookings:

Have a look

Instant Book settings

Once Instant Book is on, you’ll have access to these Instant Book settings:

Who Can Book

: Set whether you’d like to host any guests who are eligible for Instant Book or only guests who have received positive reviews from other hosts.

Advance Notice

: Set how much advance notice you need for an Instant Book reservation. Your options are:
      • Same day
      • At least 1 day
      • At least 3 days
      • At least 7 days.

Same Day Booking By

: If you allow guests to book on the same day as check-in, you will have the option to set a cut-off time for same day bookings.

actually I see there is new feature for the instant booking. 

I would like my guest to notify me one day in advance during week day but two days on the weekend. Is it possible ?

example:

If they contact me Monday morning they can have the key on Monday (same day) or Tuesday (one day)

but if they contact me on Saturday they can have the key on Monday (two days)

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Yohan0 Why not just set a cutoff hour if you don't want Instant Bookings for the same day after a certain time? Or if you don't want same day instant books, just set it to not allow same day instant bookings. It's not clear what the problem/issue is here?

Hi @Ed-and-Hugh0, I think the OP is not familiar with the features of Instand Book as yet. We all had to start somewhere 🙂 

Enda said it all. For example, I put 7 p.m. as the last possible hour to instant book that day. I live in the same building so it's not a problem for me to organize a late check in. 

I would love to! Maybe someday!

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi, I use instant booking and have my cut-off time for same day booking set for 11am. This way if a potential guest would still like to book or attempts to book for the same date after 11 am, I get a pre-approval or decline request message from airbnb. This message also prompts the guest to send you a message regarding the booking so you can correspond with them and decide based on your schedule/ their requirments if you are able to accommodate their request. If you are, you approve but if not you decline but you are in control.

I wish you all the best with future similar situations.

Ama