Instant book and advance notice

Betty-B--M-0
Level 10
Nairobi, Kenya

Instant book and advance notice

Hi Community, 

I believe this question has been asked so feel free to point me in the direction of resolved threads.

I have instant book (IB).

I have set my preferences to needing at least 1 day's notice.  

I see a check box that states: 

"For Instant Book hosts: Allow guests to send reservation requests without advance notice."

I'm confused as to it's purpose. 

I'm ok with instant confirmation of a reservation but not with instant check-in, so to speak.  (E.g. It happened once that a guest was in the neighbourhood, booked the place, then called to ask if they could check-in within the next few minutes). 

If I'd rather have a day's breathing room, should I just leave the box unchecked? 

Any other thoughts?

Nice weather where you are? 🙂  

Thank you, guys.

Betty

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12507312?preview

4 Replies 4
Robert78
Level 10
Suzhou, China

Hi @Betty-B--M-0 That option will overide your other settings, i.e. if you have set-up a check-in blackout period, that will be invaildated allowing same day check-in for IB.

That's my understanding, in any case.

Ok, I see; thanks @Robert78

Hehehe. Instant book AND instant check-in...coming soon to a listing near you. Just kidding; I know I can customise my check-in time.  

As an aside to all, any thoughts on which of these two the almighty algorithm would smile upon in terms of ranking my listing higher:

(a) IB with same-day check from a certain time; or

(b) IB with 1 day's notice and 24-hr check-in.   

Mine's a business-ready listing anyway so I hesitate to take off the 24-hr check-in and replace it with same-day, certain time, but I'm curious as to whether nixing this one feature would bring me more bookings.  

Ah for more bookings.

How I envy those Rome flats with bookings solid through to March 2017.

Houzit!

Asante sana! (Kiswahili for "Thank you very much!")

Kate-And-Reid0
Level 3
South Lake Tahoe, CA

This setting seems wrong. It was added and switched to YES (and overide chosen settings).

We had a guest message at 11PM for a discount then Instant Booked at 1231AM for THAT same day. We had a one day requirement but figured the 11PM message enabled the error. Only today did I learn about the "No Advanced Notice for IB guests." Airbnb is pushing you to be an IB host or you won't show up in searches .... and truly INSTANT booking is not being pushed upon us. 

When I discuss sharing with my daughter, we talk about respecting the other person who's using the item and waiting.

AirBnB doesn't seem to be sharing nicely.

Werta0
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

check box: "For Instant Book hosts: Allow guests to send RESERVATION REQUEST without advance notice" do not send request, but allow instant booking?

so the "advance notice" is for nothing?