Instant book not showing my listing

Philip130
Level 2
Austin, TX

Instant book not showing my listing

So neither of my properties have been booked in a month or more, no requests.. period... which is unheard of in the years I've been a host. I recently realized through trying to remediate the issue that anyone that now come to the website or uses an updated version of the app will only see instant book listings. My listing has not even been visible. I would love to complain to someone, talk to someone about the issue but its impossible... Basically, Airbnb is now forcing you to use instant book or your listing will not be seen without having to navigate the browser/app. Not very user friendly or friendly towards hosts who make them their money...pretty bummed about this..

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Philip130

You can complain, but I do not think you will get very far.  airbnb has decided that IB is the way to go. Looks like expereinced host are targeted and frozen out.  Happened to me a year ago and the only remedy was turning IB on.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Answers-to-your-top-Instant-Book-questions/m-p/455171#M1...

Montgomery1
Level 2
Newport, RI

I host seasonally on Airbnb (from end of may to beginning of September). During the off months, I block my calendar and snooze my listing. This year, when getting it updated for summer rentals, I discovered that even though I had activated instant book my property was not visible on searches that selected instant book. After talking to a representative who passed me to technical support, I discovered that it's not a glitch in the system. It's actually a new design feature that prevents hosts who have been inactive from using instant book. The problem here is that this penalizes anyone who hosts on Airbnb seasonally. This needs to be changed! I talked to a manager by phone who could not tell me how to get it reactivated but said she was very sorry. This really sucks for seasonal hosts.