Instant book

Jenny151
Level 2
Saint Andrews, United Kingdom

Instant book

I have had Instant Book switched on for a few months now and it has always worked very well - I received a "pending reservation request" which I responded to, at which point the guest's booking would be confirmed immediately if I accepted. This worked just fine. However, in the last few weeks things seem to have changed. Having had a period of a few weeks with no bookings whatsoever, I then received two confirmed bookings with no preamble whatsoever and no advance warning. I even had to go and search for previous messages from the guest on the Airbnb site (which I had never actually received) to find out why they were booking. Is it possible to go back to the previous reincarnation of Instant Book and allow people to book "instantly" only when I accept their request? I'm guessing not but my bookings are way down with this new system and I don't understand why and don't particularly like it anyway. Assuming I can't change my Instant Book settings to the way they were in the good old days, are there disadvantages in turning Instant Book off?

3 Replies 3

If it's IB, you don't have a chance to say no. If you did receive a request and waiting for you to approve, the guest didn't use the IB. Nothing has changed in Airbnb, it's really how guest proceed with the booking.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Better learn about Instant Book

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/523/what-is-instant-book

If someone made a request, they probably did not meet your requirements.

Cate14
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hello - I had a couple of guests last night, who did the instant book thing. I didnt get an e mail, or a text, to tell me they were coming, and it was only because I was on my messages page that I knew they had allegedly booked. They arrived at 2am., not entirely their fault, but not particularly acceptable to me, as I live alone and do B and B too, so I had to jump out of bed again after an indecently short time. Usually, before a guest has even left, I get the "how did they do?" e mail. this time - nothing. On my reservations calendar the guest shows up differently - with a circle with a line through it over their picture, and "new". I wasnt able to accept their booking as I was never given the option, so I want to know if anyone has any idea how I can send an e mail to airbnb., as I definitely want paying for the stay. If anyone has their e mail address I would be very grateful - I have looked everywhere, and cant see a contact us section. Many thanks - Cate