Instant booking for bad guests

Christina411
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Instant booking for bad guests

If my house is on Instant and i recieve a booking request from a guest, does that mean that they are disqualified from instant booking because of a negative prior review?

In other words, What do guests with bad reviews see when they try to book instant listings ?

4 Replies 4
Amine30
Level 2
Sousse, Tunisia

In my opinion... Nothing... No one cares about our stress neither our bad experiences !!! It seems that money is the priority

Bruna-and-Siana0
Level 10
Santa Clara, CA

Hi @Christina411, AirBnB requirements for IB are that they have confirmed their email, phone and payment info. You can set additional requirements like goverment-issued ID and positive recommendation from other hosts.  Guest might not be able to book with IB because any of these reasons. In any case, you should be able to see their reviews when they send a request and decide if accept or decline. 

I think if a guest have a bad review, instead of "Book", they will see "Request to book". That might be the only difference. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Christina411 however, if you get a request to book on an IB listing, it doesn't necessarily mean that they have bad reviews. Some guests want to confirm some part of your listing or hear back from you before they enter their ccard info (or they want to ask for something extra or a discount or break a rule 😞  ....)

anyway, a request might be bad or it might not

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

I had a guest Request to Book wanting to know why he couldn't use IB. Well, if he read my rules 10 Adults max. and 2 Children. He had 17 adults marked. Then said it was actually 7 adults and 6 children. Hello, still over my limit by one.