Instant booking - improve suggestion....

Simona189
Level 2
Sardinia, Italy

Instant booking - improve suggestion....

Hi there,

does any of you be interested to ask Airbnb to have the option of setting up the 'Instant booking' on specific time, dates?

While for me for example would be handy to have it only during the offpick season...

Please let me know what do you think about this suggestion.

Regards,

Simona

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Simona189  I think many hosts would like that option.  On this site is "host voice" which is set up for hosts to provide ideas and suggestions and for other hosts to support.  If there is sufficient support the idea can be forwarded to the Air BNB team.  Could you post there?

I'll try to find the Airbnb Team.... Thanks. S.

I understand why you would want that ability, but I am not sure that it solves a problem for the masses. Airbnb only implements changes that would benefit everyone. 

That's why I'm asking 🙂 I have the feeling that can be useful to lost of us...let's see 🙂

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Simona189, I don’t really see a difference between offering it during some of the year but not the other. Can you elaborate on why you would only want instant book in the offseason?

Doesn't have to be on the offseason....I'm asking just to have the option to set up the 'Instant booking' option on certan time/period. Everyone will decide for how long and when to set it. That's all 🙂 This will give us more controll on the booking calendar and minimise empty nights.

In my case with the Instant booking I incur to have  free nights between bookings....they may book only three night in the middle of the week and I lose the week rent...I like to decide if a booking is conviniente for me or not...

Jp8
Level 3
San Diego, CA

I need this functionality now. I have a guest who wants to check out late and will pay a fee for the privilege. However, if I get an instant same day booking on her check out date, I'm in hot water, because the place takes 4-5 hours to clean, so we may not have it clean when the new guest arrives.

Solution - take it off instant book for that one day. Or, set later check in time for that one day.

Looks like the best I can do is change to a later check in time temporarily and then change it back.

I looked up Host Voice, it's hear, er here, but is paused. 
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice

Hold that thought!

As we improve how we gather and share your questions, we’re temporarily pausing submissions. Thanks for your patience!