Instant bookings from russian guests

Instant bookings from russian guests

Hi everyone!

In last 3 days I have 3 instant booking for shared room from Russian people. The arrival is on the same day as booking. Shared room is 4bed but they allways book only 1 bed. After booking they DO NOT communicate and they DO NOT come to my home. I have received emails that Airbnb do the payment. But I have blocked all beds in shared room, and I have payment just for 1 bed and I am still waiting for the guest who never will not come...

Thanks for response

Jana - https://www.airbnb.cz/rooms/13647359?preview

10 Replies 10
Eduardo496
Level 2
Giv'atayim, Israel

Hi, what happened at the end?
I had my second Russian problematic guest, very strange, don't reply to Airbnb messages, have to send again the same messages by SMS to have an answer, very complicated.

Thank you.

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@JanaandVíťa0, @Eduardo496,  the thing about communication could be that they don’t have roaming plan, so they can’t use their phones. Anyway, it is better to contact HC and ask them for advice. They can call your guests and clarify the situation 

Look at the dialogue at Whatsapp, I'm canceling the reservation. Had a big problem with other Russians that booked for two people but arrived in 5. Besides that, a lot of slamming doors, eating guests breakfast items at lunch and dinner, ruined a white table with a mug coffee stain and much more.

- ME Hi this is Eduardo. You called me and asked about the keys. I sent you detailed instructions where are the keys. Do you have any questions? Thank you.
- GUEST No
- I have complicated neighbors, please be discrete and use the check-in instructions with steps and photos on Airbnb app. It's very easy. If you need any help call me. Thank you. ☺
- Hi, do you understand?
- Yes

Hello, its almost 3 years from this experience. I contacted bnb helpdesk and They told me that these russian guys have some free vouchers from Airbnb partners and They made inaccurate bookings so that They can draw a reward. Recommendation from bnb helpdesk : put off instant booking for few weeks , put higher price to your property, or change status “shared room” to “privacy room” for full price (4beds)

@JanaandVíťa0 

so the same guys, 3 years later are still booking your room? 🙂

At first, I thought they need it for the visa purposes

Interesting response from Air bnbCS.. why didn't you just block those guests?

@Branka-and-Silvia0 no, this happened only once 3 years ago which is when this thread was opened. But @Eduardo496 activated it again with his current situation and @JanaandVíťa0 responded with how they handled the situation 3 years ago if I am not mistaken 🙂 

aaa okej@Ana1136 🙂 

glad to see you back 🙂

@@Branka-and-Silvia0 glad to be back 🙂 

Thank you so much for your reply and sharing the experience! Best regards, Edu.