Insurance In Florida

Sonya55
Level 2
Tallahassee, FL

Insurance In Florida

Hello hosts! I’m relatively new and it’s been so educational reading all the posts! I think I’ve spent enough time here to pass an exam! 

My insurance agent has found coverage for my condo , but it requires a 3 night minimum. I don’t live in the condo, it is strictly Airbnb. 

Please share the name of your insurance company  if it does not mandate 3 night min.  

Thank you ! Sonya 

3 Replies 3
Nancy1345
Level 1
Inver Grove Heights, MN

We have similar problems for our single family home on Florida - our homeowners won't even cover acts of God if they happen while a short term tenant is there and she said she can't find anyone in FL that will. What the heck are other FL hosts finding for homeowners insurance!?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sonya55 Is the 3 night minimum a real issue for you? It does have advantages in that you tend to put off people looking for a party pad.

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

3 night minimum? How bizarre. My insurance does not have any such minimum stay requirement. Aegis is my insurance company. Last season 19 out of 34 of my guests booked 2 night stays. Having said that, if I didn't allow 2 night stays, I'm sure some of those 19 bookings would have been replaced by other guests booking 3 night stays.