Internet Speed Chrome Extension Giving Misleading Information and Damaging Listings!

Brent-and-Sylvie0
Level 2
Kailua-Kona, HI

Internet Speed Chrome Extension Giving Misleading Information and Damaging Listings!

I recently came across a Chrome Extension that claims "SEE WHICH AIRBNB LISTINGS ARE IN NEIGHBORHOODS WITH FAST INTERNET". 
We have fast internet as we use it for sending large files at work and even have an image of our interest speed. However I the app shows us as having sub-standard speed in our neighborhood. 

#1 this is incorrect

# 2 It contradicts my posting therefor making it appear we are not being honest

I reached out to the developer. His reply:

We would be glad to verify the internet speed at your listing. To assist in this process please do the following:

1) From the listing, and connected to the guest WiFi, please run a speed test using the Google Speed Test Widget
2) Take a screenshot of the results. It should look something like this. We will need to see the upload, download, and latency metrics. 
3) Send us the image. We will verify its authenticity, and then update the speeds shown in the Roamer pane. 
___
 I send a screen shot, using the testing app of choice, showing 100mb. 
When I went to check our listing his widget/add-on now has a link to Sign up to see actual internet speed and still shows my listing as being in an area with sub standard internet!

The extension   only works in Chrome and Brave. I suggest you check yours. Go to Chrome and search for it
Roamer - Airbnb Internet Speeds
IS this a legal issue ?  Please advise!
0 Replies 0