Is AirBnB is biased with Hosts?

Is AirBnB is biased with Hosts?

Copule of weeks ago we had a terrible guest with two reservations (1 and 3 nights). We called AirBnB at 2am and cancelled the second reservation. Knowing that guest will leave negative review we mailed AirBnB immediately about this & the guest left a review immediately. Initially AirBnB says they can't remove review until it violates the terms & then we wrote our review. Requested AirBnB twice and they replied that they can't remove the review as its within guidelines. After the guest saw the negative review they must have complained to AirBnB too & later both reviews are removed.

My question is why they removed my review when its within guidelines as host when they were stuborn with me on the guest part. Secondly as the second booking is cancelled they give full refund to guest or relocate the guest but did not even email us about the cancellation forgetting about being paid..

Anyone has similar experence?

Regards

Maria

3 Replies 3
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

Dear Maria

I am very sorry to hear your story with the reviews issue. We'll the reason that Airbnb is and will always be in favor of guests is simply because it's the guests that brings the dough $$$. Hope that will help you understand how things are here. Good luck in the future and always update your calender so that not to get overbooked.

Best regards.

Oomesh [personal information removed]

Depends which way to look at it.  Without hosts there would be no guests!

Thomas596
Level 1
Sarasota, FL

I completely agree that Airbnb is biased towards the hosts. I had a huge problem with an Amsterdam property that stunk of filthy laundry, so much so that we couldn't stand staying in the bedrooms for even 5 minutes breathing in the stench. Airbnb completely sided with the owner, since it is obviously in their financial interest to do so. We felt deceived into booking this property based on a half-dozen positive reviews, but when I attempted to publish a bad review it was rejected with platitudes about not complying with their rules and regulations. The fact is, Airbnb avoids publishing negative reviews because it does not serve their own vested and ongoing financial interest to do so. I now realise that Airbnb is not a reliable source for accomodation and will never use their service again, and indeed, now that they have ripped me off over $2000, I will make every effort to let my entire social and professional network know about this rip-off service.