Is Airbnb Plus ruining my successful 5 year Airbnb business?

Is Airbnb Plus ruining my successful 5 year Airbnb business?

Airbnb Plus launched in my city recently - and since then I have noticed a steep drop in inquiries and bookings.  

Has anyone else noticed this?

I think people will simply search within the most appealing subgroup - as they have previously done with superhost status - leaving me and others who are not Airbnb Plus approved without the usual site traffic. 

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Why did Airbnb think it necessary to create another more exclusive subgroup? 

I have been a superhost for years and got declined for the Plus status.  No reason was given - but they never came to 'verify' our rental so I feel like we weren't even given on chance. 

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Jamie-And-Aja0 ,

I think most people do not filter on Airbnb Plus (allthough those listings are presented at top of search result anyway, which is rather annoying) or Superhost. I as a host am not interested in the typical Airbnb Plus guests either. I read on the Internet Airbnb Plus is not a succes, so the marketing guys have to find something else to play with. Until then we have to live with such a mishap.

Best regards, Emiel

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Jamie-And-Aja0 You wrote "I read on the Internet Airbnb Plus is not a succes"....could you cite your reference? I would be interested to read about Plus and how it is working for AirBNB.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

I guess it probably wouldn't affect budget rentals so much,  but maybe it will the higher-cost rentals...

Our views and bookings have dropped considerably.

a good portion of bookings come from guests who just sift through the results in the order they are provided.   We have seen about 25-50% of the view volume.

We were denied saying our places style didn’t offer anything unique.  However our place is updated, clean, and decorated.

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Very worrying. Yet another curve ball from Airbnb. Where do you fit in with price against the competition ? Most Airbnb guests are very price conscious...

Paulina154
Level 1
Mannheim, Germany

Have anyone tried to apply for Airbnb plus? Is it really so strickt? I have a high-quality and very comfortable sofa bed, but the requirement describe quite accurate that it must be a real bed with matrace. Well, I have my experience with other apartments which have offered a bed with matrace, but the quality was so horrable that I chose to sleep on the sofa.