Is Airbnb customer service reps incompetent about their privacy policy

Is Airbnb customer service reps incompetent about their privacy policy

This airbnb customer rep was trying to defend a guest review, saying it was okay for host to have security cameras inside the house as far it is mentioned in the listing. I know it is okay to have a security cameras outside but not inside. I have cameras outside my front porch, back porch and basement entrance. So my first question is this true that you can have camera inside the house, I can't find anywhere  on airbnb that says that. if it is true, then that is illegal and very creepy. Second question , how do you respond to a review or remove a review that is completely false. I have proof: The airbnb messages I had with guest, my conversation with an airbnb customer rep that night with guest present, the airbnb guest I had in the basement review statement.

This is the guest review:

"Worst experience ever the host was very rude and very unprofessional, We were watching tv and the next thing I know the host came and tell us we have to leave bcs he have camera in the house and he can see us having party in the house with was not true ,I had to call police for him and they tell him he shouldn’t come and confronted us they way he did and lied about everything, I have never had such a bad experience in my life. We left the house at 2:00AM spent the rest of the night in the car... Airbnb are not supposed to do business with this guys."

This the host review:

"I regret hosting JP at my house. It was terrible, really terrible. He break all of my house rules. 1.) He booked for 2 guests but arrived with an additional guest, making it 3 guests. He was also having party/gathering and playing music that was so loud around 12-1 am in the morning. I spoke with JP and informed him about my house rules. He became very upset and lied about the 3rd guest is not staying over. I can tell with my conversation with him, he didn't read my listing and/or house rules. I told him he have to stop the party and the 3rd guest as to pay or leave. He ended up calling the police on himself. The police gave him the same two options: either the 3rd guest leaves or he pays for his stay. JP decided they all going to leave. This is the worst experience I have had since I started hosting( which is a long time). I will not be recommending him to any host."

5 Replies 5
Yun8
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Endurance,

You can find Airbnb’s Policy regarding surveillance devices here:

http://www.airbnb.com/help/article/887/what-are-airbnb-s-rules-about-electronic-surveillance-devices...

Here is the specific section that is relevant to your question:

we require hosts to disclose all surveillance devices in their listings, and we prohibit any surveillance devices that are in or that observe the interior of certain private spaces (such as bedrooms and bathrooms) regardless of whether they’ve been disclosed.”

Thanks Yun. I appreciate that!!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"Worst experience ever the host was very rude and very unprofessional,  We were watching tv and the next thing I know the host came and tell  us we have to leave bcs ..."

The lack of punctuation was one thing, but the non-word bcs was a real show stopper.

@Fred13 wrote:

"Worst experience ever the host was very rude and very unprofessional,  We were watching tv and the next thing I know the host came and tell  us we have to leave bcs ..."

The lack of punctuation was one thing, but the non-word bcs was a real show stopper.

Thanks Fred, it was hard for me to read the review, to understand what the guest was saying. I agree it is a real show stopper. 

You answered it very well; kept your cools (not easy to do) and stuck to the facts.