Is Airbnb going bankrupt?

Barbara78
Level 2
Lombardy, Italy

Is Airbnb going bankrupt?

I have 4 pending payouts. One from more than two years ago, and the most recent three months ago. 

I've phoned airbnb around 6 times and written to them about 15 times. Every time somebody tells me someone will call me back. Nobody ever calls. It's not just a bit of money. The most recent is 800 euros. The others are around A$1000. 

I'm wondering if the reason nobody ever calls me back is because airbnb is going bankrupt, or is in financial jeopardy because of covid? 

Has anyone else had this experience. And if so, how do I get past the gate keeper phone support people? I just rang again for the umpteenth time and asked again to be put through to a supervisor. They never, ever let you get through to anyone higher up the food chain. 

what can I do? 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Barbara78 

My payouts are still processed. But sometimes there is one 'stuck' for unknown reason.

And then it is very annoying you can not simply contact Airbnb these days to let them release it.

(because that is all what they have to do in most circumstances)

My ticket about a pending payout (from March) is allready open for 1,5 months.....

It is my experience "stucked" payouts are allways related to reservations which were changed (another room, other dates etc.)

BTW

A 2 years old payout and you discovered it just recently ?

best regards,

Emiel

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Barbara78, thanks for getting involved and posting here on the CC, and I'm really sorry to hear about your issue with the missing payment. I have just sent you a DM with some more info on your case, so please take a look when you get a sec 😊

Isn't it just fascinating that this alterations 'bug' that has been around for so very long - and results in Airbnb retaining large amounts of hosts' money until the host finally notices it (that's if they ever notice it) - still hasn't been fixed, after all these years? 🤔

Penelope