Is Airbnb removing inconvenient posts or the community page is disfinctional?

Kalman0
Level 2
Key West, FL

Is Airbnb removing inconvenient posts or the community page is disfinctional?

After posting a recent and very relevant story, regarding the October 1 Superhost assessment, the post was instantly removed. We posted it again to make sure it wasn’t some sort of bug but after a few seconds, the post disappeared. I truly hope this is not censoring the questions, here is the post on Airbnb’s Facebook page (will post it again here): 

https://www.facebook.com/airbnb/posts/10155803984957458

42744CA4-4BA8-484A-83A9-01602193F8A8.png

8 Replies 8
Kalman0
Level 2
Key West, FL

So far I can confirm, Airbnb is removing posts. The reason is not clear but it’s a fact.

The post is up for a while, once it even had 16 views, than it gets deleted. At a point I received a message about my post being reviewed however, in the list there were no posts under review. Unfortunately something (still hoping not someone) is removing posts. Mine isn’t inconvenient, simply points out a major flaw in Airbnb’s Superhost assessments.

Keep making your story public. Go to pissedconsumer.com and trustpilot.com. I got results w pissedconsumer.com. There is also airbnbhell.com

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Kalman0

When you make a post with a link in it, it could be delayed because it has been flagged for review by the moderators.  This happened to me once.  The post did show up a while later.  If there are posts with advertising for example, they usually just remove a portion of the post and leave the rest there.  This is not such an exceptional post that it would warrant being censored.

Guests can see how many reviews a property has and can make up their own minds about the Superhost status.  I agree that it is harder to be a Superhost with more bookings.  Guests are smart enough to make the connection that if you have 200 great reviews it is harder to sustain than if you only have 10.

With your cancellation, I would call AirBnB and see if you can have it removed because of the extenuating circumstances.  You could have just called them and had all these guests rehomed at no cost to you.  You obviously went above and beyond and that should also count in your favour.

Best of luck to you, Lisa 

@Lisa658 yes, I agree with you, most guests will check the reviews vs the superhost status however, there is an exception. Sometimes I simply turn on the switch “superhost only” when I am booking last minute and/or tired to deep-check the host, it helps.

We have 377 reviews so far and nearly three hundred bookings completed this year, the only thing keeping us from getting the Superhost status back is that cancellation. We tried customer care, three months ago with no luck, this time I decided not to give up easily.

The story is as simple as it gets, we had one cancellation that could not be avoided. There was no electricity on our street. I am still surprised that I’m sitting here and typing when this is as clear as the sky. Force majeure, even the most basic contract has a disclosure for such cases yet, I am here, fighting for my right ... nice 😉

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Kalman0

I would call back again and explain that it was extenuating circumstances.  Collect whatever you can as evidence and be ready to submit this.  The CS that I have spoken to are pretty accommodating.  If this is on your profile in error, I am pretty sure they will be agreeable to retifying the situation - if you have the proof to back it up.

Most of the time they are a pretty helpful, courteous and amenable bunch.  We usually deal directly with the office in Ireland so that could be part of it.

Best of luck to you, Lisa

In America we get the run around. People say they will get to the bottom of an issue and then they disappear. The staff says they have your back and they disappear as well. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Or they manipulate you to get you to do what they want you to do and then they disappear. They are not a trustworhy company in my experience.

Once we had a hurricane with risk of disaster within 24 hours.

We canceled a booking for that.

We were immediately deactivated.

But after a telephone conversation, we were immediately

reactivated.

Keep making your story public. Go to pissedconsumer.com and trustpilot.com. I got results w pissedconsumer.com. There is also airbnbhell.com.