Is Anyone Else Noticing Problems / Issues With The Airbnb Phone App?

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Is Anyone Else Noticing Problems / Issues With The Airbnb Phone App?

I do searches on occasion to see what properties on Airbnb similar to mine are charging at different times of the year in my area. For the past few days the Airbnb app is only able to display listings on page 1. When I do a search as if I were a guest in any town around me and try to go to page 2, the app indicates it is on page 2 but only the same listings from page 1 are on display. This happens whether or not it is a general search or a search with specified dates. I uninstalled my app and reinstalled it and tried to display page 2 listings - It worked the first time (page 2 listings showed) but after that, only page 1 listings showed once again. This has been happening since the new Airbnb home page of their website was rolled out last week. Applying filters will show different listings on page 1, but you cannot see any listings past page 1 - same thing happens 

I tried my partner's i-phone app last night (I have an Android phone) and did a search. This time NO listings displayed - The home page of Airbnb displays okay, but when you enter a town with or without dates, the screen goes white, with only same gray boxes at the top. So, a completely blank page.

Is it just our two phones, or are other people finding the same thing when they do a search on their phone app?

9 Replies 9
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Rebecca181 I have noticed many bugs with the app too but i am sure Airbnb will surely upgrade their app soon. 

Hoping it is just me experiencing these particular issues and 'bugs', or any hosts with properties not on page 1 of an app search cannot be seen - much less booked. Not good for Airbnb, either, due to lost revenue.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rebecca181,

I use the Android app and don't have that problem. When I switch to traveling mode and enter a town name it shows a listing. I can then scroll down for 5 or 6 listings and it then shows 3 flashing dots while it loads the next few listings. I can scroll through several of those "pages" and it shows different listings on each.

When searching, without entering dates, for listings in Florence Oregon I stopped when it got to the 50th listing.

Steve.

@Steve143 Thank you for checking and taking the time to respond. I appreciate it!

Marilyn150
Level 2
Buffalo, NY

iPhone app just started crashing and even after rebooting, deleting and restarting and even cache disposal - it still won't work

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

I had a problem with the calendar not showing on my Android app (Galaxy Note 4) but after a few days it spontaneously fixed itself. I reinstalled, did everything I could think of but it just solved itself... hope it keeps working, I rely on it a lot!!

Martha377
Level 1
Jasper, TN

I cannot get the App to work on my iPhone. Problem started a few days ago. When I open the app and select anything it flips back to my home screen. Called AirBnB but no joy. I’ve deleted the app twice and powered down my phone. Any ideas?? Thanks 

Yes..airbnb says they called me and se t email to contact guest..never received either. They lie and blow you off. They tell you they'll call within an hour. They dont and they refuse to give legal dept address

Holly414
Level 1
Murfreesboro, TN

Looking for sites in Tucson and LA, I cannot get page two to load on my computer no matter what I do.

Please help!